Under their fur polar bears have black skin.
Peter Hillary Sir Edmund Hillary's son climbed Mount Everest in 1990making the pair the first father and son to do so.
Google has found GPA's and test scores to be "worthless as criteria for hiring"; they have teams where 14% of their employees haven't gone to college.
99% of Denmark's Jews survived the Holocaust because the Danish organized a massive evacuation to neutral Sweden.
There’s a spider in Brazil whose bites can cause an erection that lasts for hours!
Stalin didn't start learning Russian until he was 8. His mother tongue was Georgian.
Led Zeppelin got their name from a fellow musician who said their band would go down like a "lead balloon."
37%of Americans think global warming is a hoax.
The Sagrada Familia church in Spain has been under construction for over 130 years and it's only expected to be complete by 2026.
Cat kidneys are so efficient they can rehydrate by drinking seawater.
Agrizoophobia is the fear of wild animals.
“Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
Every day plants convert sunlight into energy equivalent to six times the entire power consumption of human civilization.
Stockholm the capital of Sweden is built on 14 islands and the city centre is virtually situated on the water.
Only one of Sweden's top 20 surnamesdoesn't end in “son”:Lindberg.
14% of all facts and statistics are made up and 27% of people know that fact.
Pilots and flight attendants are twice as likely to get skin cancer melanoma from higher exposure to UV rays.
You can start a fire with ice.
Cy Twombly's painting "Untitled" is worth up to US$2 3 million.
Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
Germany was the first country ever to implement Daylight Saving Time in order to save energy during WW1.
The revolution that transformed Brazil into a republic was so uneventful that the few witnesses present didn't know it happened and the dethroned Emperor didn't even care.
Research conducted on comedians and funny people have shown they are usually more depressed than average.
Rio de Janeiro's beaches have 1.7 million times the disease-causing viruses of what would be considered hazardous on a California beach.
Hyphephilia are people who get aroused by touching fabrics.
It can take as long as 4 hours to hard-boil an ostrich egg.
The people of the U.S. are collectively overweight by a total of about 4 billion pounds.
The world consumes close to 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day.
Women cry on average between 30 and 64 times a year while men cry between 6 and 17 times.
Finland has more heavy metal bands per capita than any other country in the world.
1 in 5 top 100 country songs will refer to alcohol.
The only country to protest against the German annexation of Austria of 1938 right before WW2 was Mexico.
2 520 is the smallest number that can be exactly divided by all the numbers 1 to 10.
About 46 000 square miles of arable land turn to desert every year due to climate change and practices such as forest clear-cutting.
On Sept. 9 2015 Queen Elizabeth II will become the longest-reigning UK monarch ever surpassing Queen Victoria.
Bart Simpsons' voice is played by a woman.
The average speed of Heinz Ketchup squirt is .028 MPH.
Cats can't taste sweetness.
Exercise like walking can reduce breast cancer risk by 25%.
Brazil distributes women's breast milk around the country to babies whose mothers can't provide it for them.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)