"Yes I have made a lot of money and I have a lot of respect, my films have done well, and I know there are loads of loads of people who look up to me and really love me. I really just thought this is like a strange dream. I have never thought this is a success - I don't have a standard." - Shahrukh Khan
I've learned that mistakes can often be as good a teacher as success. - Jack Welch
"Democrats believe in reigniting the American dream by removing barriers to success and building ladders of opportunity for all, so everyone can succeed." - Nancy Pelosi
Before watching Video, Read About…
Define What Success in Your Personal Life Means to You: Success in your personal life can mean different things to different people. Define what it means to you. Does it mean that you become closer and more open with your spouse? Once you define it, focus on achieving it.
Find Time to Give Yourself a Break: In addition to working hard, the successful know to take breaks, too. Without breaks, we have no way to clear our minds, re-energize, and prepare for the task that faces us.
Listen to Those Around You: One common trait among those who are successful is that they listen and understand others. Instead of seeing everyone around them as inferior fools with nothing to contribute, they understand that most good ideas come from other people—not from them. If you want to be successful, too, you should follow this practice carefully in your daily business relations.
Learn New Things: One way to make you indispensible to your company is to learn new things about your job. Work through a reference manual. Spend time learning how to use the company’s proprietary software optimally. Do something that makes you better and more useful.
If Someone Has to Stay Late, Let it Be You: Making a sacrifice for the company shows that you are interested in staying around longer. So, instead of trying to extract every last penny from the company while putting in as little work as possible, go the distance and prove that you are willing to make a sacrifice.
Don’t Dwell on the Past: It’s impossible to go throughout a career without hitting a number of bumps in the road. No matter how hard you try, no matter how thoughtful you are, you are bound to hit snags in the road. And when you do hit those snags, your reaction to them will forever influence your capacity for success. You can either learn from them, move on, and continue on your career; or you can harp on them for weeks, months, or even years—allowing them to drag you down at every step of the way. No matter how bad your failure was, it’s over. All you can do now is work carefully to improve your future prospects.
Record Your Failures: Similar to recording your progress, record your failures, too. No matter how bad a failure was, force yourself to think hard about it. Ask yourself what went wrong. Also consider whether it was something you could influence or whether chance or someone else played an important role in determining the outcome. As painful as this process might be, it will help you to process your failures and to assimilate the lessons you take from them into future business decisions.
Always be Available: If you don’t own one already, get a smartphone that allows you to easily check and write emails. This will make it possible for you to always be on call for your boss, so you can become someone that he or she relies on.
Volunteer to do Presentations: In many workplaces, presentations are a vital part of communicating ideas to employees and business partners. Unfortunately, many people fear presentations; and often opt not to give them when given the choice. If you want to be successful, you should take every opportunity to give a presentation.
Watch Video: LET GO OF THE PAST – Powerful Motivational Video
(via YouTube)The writing of a melody is an emotional moment success doesn't make it easy. - Enya
Success will always be measured by the extent to which we serve the buying public. - James Cash Penney
"From success you get a lot of things, but not that great inside thing that love brings you." - Samuel Goldwyn
"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius." - Joseph Addison
The thing you don't dream about as a kid is all the peripheral stuff that comes with success. - Tiger Woods
Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you. - Marilyn Monroe
"I'll tell you, there is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. I believe that success can happen at any time and at any age." - Salma Hayek
"I'm a mum, so my wardrobe consists of sweaters and jeans. As long as I don't leave the house forgetting my jeans, I count that as a fashion success." - Gail Porter
We fall forward to succeed. - Mary Kay Ash
Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success. - Christopher Lasch
The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes. - Benjamin Disraeli
"When I prayed for success, I forgot to ask for sound sleep and good digestion." - Mason Cooley
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
"Tell me, why is the media here so negative? Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognise our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?" - Abdul Kalam
We do not celebrate people who have made success out of serious hard work. - Iain Duncan Smith
"One goes through school, college, medical school and one's internship learning little or nothing about goodness but a good deal about success." - Ashley Montagu
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more