By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
James Leonard Plimpton (1828–1911) USA – roller skates.
Karl von Reichenbach (1788–1869) Germany – paraffin creosote oil phenol.
Leonard Bocour (1910–1993) together with Sam Golden (1915–1997) USA – Acrylic paint.
Alexander Graham Bell (1847–1922) UK Canada and USA – telephone.
Leó Szilárd (1898–1964) Hungary/USA – Co-developed the atomic bomb patented the nuclear reactor catalyst of the Manhattan Project.
Andrey Geim (born 1958) Russia/United Kingdom – graphene.
Charles Mantoux (1877–1947) France – Mantoux test (tuberculosis).
Vincent Joseph Schaefer (1906–1993) USA – a.o. Cloud seeding by dry ice.
Harry Coover (1917–2011) USA – Super Glue.
David L. Mills (born 1938) USA – a.o. Fuzzball router Network Time Protocol.
Mikhail Pomortsev (1851–1916) Russia – nephoscope.
George Constantinescu (1881–1965) Romania – creator of the theory of sonics a new branch of continuum mechanics.
Yulii Khariton (1904–1996) Russia – chief designer of the Soviet atomic bomb co-developer of the Tsar Bomb.
Dmitri Dmitrievich Maksutov (1896–1964) Russia – Maksutov telescope.
Arogyaswami Paulraj (born 1944) India/USA – MIMO.
Zang-Hee Cho (born 1936) South Korea – co-inventor of Positron emission tomography and PET-MRI.
William Murdoch (1754–1839) Scotland – Gas lighting.
Aleksandr Porokhovschikov (1892–1941) Russia – Vezdekhod (the first prototype tank or tankette and the first caterpillar amphibious ATV).
Joseph Swan (1828–1914) UK – Incandescent light bulb.
Charles Babbage (1791–1871) UK – analytical engine (semi-automatic).
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. ~ Thomas Thomson - 1773 to 1852
Instead of being the biological center of the Universe I believe our planet is just an assembly station but one with a major advantage over most other places. The constant presence of liquid water almost everywhere on the Earth is a huge advantage for life especially for assembling life into complex forms by the process we call ‘evolution.’ ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 - Astrophysicist
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. - Joseph Mellor 1869 to 1938 Chemist
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.