The time however has arrived when biology must like the other sciences make a fresh start in a purely speculative direction free from all entanglement with medical or any other art. ~ Auguste Compte 1798 to 1857 - Philosopher of Science
What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Georges Lakhovsky (1869–1942) Russia/USA – Multiple Wave Oscillator.
Gleb Kotelnikov (1872–1944) Russia – knapsack parachute drogue parachute.
Earl W. Bascom (1906–1995) Canada/USA – side-delivery rodeo chute hornless rodeo saddle rodeo bareback rigging rodeo chaps.
Remi Swierczek (born 1958) Poland – Inventor of Music Identification System and the Mico Changer (coin hopper and dispenser used in casinos).
Marvin Minsky (born 1927) USA – a.o. Confocal microscopy.
Werner von Siemens (1816–1892) Germany – a.o. electric elevator Electromote (= first trolleybus) an early Dynamo.
Buckminster Fuller (1895–1983) USA – geodesic dome.
Victor Hasselblad (1906–1978) Sweden – invented the 6 x 6 cm single-lens reflex camera.
Christopher Polhem (1661–1751) Sweden – the modern padlock.
Edwin Howard Armstrong (1890–1954) USA – FM radio.
Felix Hoffmann (Bayer) (1868–1949) Germany – Aspirin.
Franz Joseph Emil Fischer (1877–1947) together with Hans Schrader (1921–2012) Germany – Fischer assay (oil yield test).
John Bennet Lawes (1814–1900) UK – superphosphate or chemical fertilizer.
Samuel Colt (1814–1862) USA – Revolver.
Mikhail Britnev (1822–1889) Russia – first metal-hull icebreaker (Pilot).
Carl Linnaeus (1707–1778) Sweden – formal Binomial nomenclature for living organisms Horologium Florae.
Arthur William Savage (1857–1938) – radial tires gun magazines Savage Model 99 lever action rifle.
Samuel Morse (1791–1872) USA – telegraph early Morse code see also Morse Code controversy.
Boris Mamyrin (1919–2007) Russia – reflectron (ion mirror).
John J. Montgomery (1858–1911) USA – heavier-than-air gliders.
Biology is the study of the complex things in the Universe. Physics is the study of the simple ones. ~ Richard Dawkins 1941 – present - Evolutionary Biologist
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
The condition of matter I have dignified by the term Electronic THE ELECTRONIC STATE. What do you think of that? Am I not a bold man ignorant as I am to coin words? ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products