All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” - Marie Curie 1867 to 1934 Chemist Physicist
Cornelius Drebbel (1572–1633) The Netherlands – first navigable submarine.
Walton Musser (1909–1998) USA – Harmonic drive gear.
Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen (1845–1923) Germany – the X-ray machine.
Jimmy Hotz (born 1953) USA – Hotz MIDI Translator Atari Hotz Box.
Gottlob Widmann (inv. c. 1954) Germany – Electrical drip coffee maker.
Robert Hooke (1635–1703) UK – balance wheel iris diaphragm acoustic telephone.
Svyatoslav Fyodorov (1927–2000) Russia – radial keratotomy.
James Dewar (1842–1923) UK – Thermos flask.
Wayne Pierce (inv. 1950) USA – Snow cannon.
Elihu Thomson (1853–1937) UK USA – Prolific inventor Arc lamp and many others.
Oleg Antonov (1906–1984) Russia – An-series aircraft including A-40 winged tank and An-124 (the largest serial cargo later modified to world's largest fixed-wing aircraft An-225).
Anders Knutsson Ångström (1888–1981) Sweden – Pyranometer.
Sandford Fleming (1827–1915) Canada – Universal Standard Time.
Reginald Fessenden (1866–1932) Canada – two-way radio.
Giovanni Luppis or Ivan Vukić (1813–1875) Austrian Empire (ethnical Croatian from Rijeka) – self-propelled torpedo.
Corradino D'Ascanio (1891–1981) Italy – D'AT3 helicopter; Vespa scooter.
Vladimir Baranov-Rossine (1888–1944) Ukraine/Russia/France – Optophonic Piano pointillist or dynamic military camouflage.
Anastase Dragomir (1896–1966) Romania – Ejection seat.
Henri Marie Coandă (1886–1972) Romania – Coandă effect of fluid dynamics Coandă-1910 world's first jet.
Fe del Mundo (1911–2011) The Philippines – medical incubator made out of bamboo for use in rural communities without electrical power.
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
Chemistry is necessarily an experimental science: its conclusions are drawn from data and its principles supported by evidence from facts. ~ Michael Faraday - 1791 to 1867
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.