Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. - Joseph Mellor 1869 to 1938 Chemist
Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
Nikolay Basov (1922–2001) Russia – co-inventor of laser and maser.
George de Hevesy (1885–1966) Hungary – radioactive tracer.
Melitta Bentz (1873–1950) Germany – paper Coffee filter.
Artur Fischer (born 1919) Germany – fasteners including fischertechnik..
Jimmy Hotz (born 1953) USA – Hotz MIDI Translator Atari Hotz Box.
Richard T. Whitcomb (1921–2009) USA – Supercritical airfoil Winglet.
Anthony Michell (1870–1959) Australia – tilting pad thrust bearing crankless engine.
Sergey Korolyov (1907–1966) Ukraine/Russia – first successful intercontinental ballistic missile (R-7 Semyorka) R-7 rocket family Sputniks (including the first Earth-orbiting artificial satellite) Vostok program (including the first human spaceflight).
Gary Starkweather (born 1938) USA – laser printer color management.
Aleksandr Stoletov (1839–1896) Russia – first solar cell based on the outer photoelectric effect.
Kalman Tihanyi (1897–1947) Hungary – co-inventor of cathode ray tube and iconoscope.
Alexey Dushkin (1904–1977) Russia – deep column station.
David Gestetner (1854–1939) Austria-Hungary / UK – a.o. Gestetner copier.
Christopher Polhem (1661–1751) Sweden – the modern padlock.
Banū Mūsā brothers Muhammad (c. 800–873) Ahmad (803–873) Al-Hasan (810–873) Iraq – mechanical trick devices hurricane lamp self-trimming and self-feeding lamp gas mask clamshell grab fail-safe system mechanical musical instrument automatic flute player programmable machine.
Samuel P. Langley (1834–1906) USA – bolometer.
Joseph Henry (1797–1878) Scotland/USA – electromagnetic relay.
C. Kumar N. Patel (1938–) India/USA – Carbon dioxide laser.
Richard Hall Gower (1768–1833) UK – ship's hull and rigging.
Heinrich Göbel (1818–1893) Germany – incandescent lamp.
Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
A physicist is an atom’s way of knowing about atoms. - George Wald 1906 to 1997 Neurobiologist
Nothing can be more certain than this: that we are just beginning to learn something of the wonders of the world on which we live and move and have our being. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
There is no law except the law that there is no law. - John Archibald Wheeler 1911 to 2008 Theoretical Physicist
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more