An average swimming pool loses 1 000 gallons (3 785 L) a month to evaporation and other causes.
The world’s termites outweigh the world’s humans 10 to 1.
Some male songbirds sing more than 2000 times each day.
The 20th of March is known as Snowman Burning Day!
If a frog’s mouth is held open for too long the frog will suffocate.
Alcohol is not digested; it gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
There is a "Gospel of Judas" not found in the Bible that speaks of Judas as the only one of Jesus' disciples who fully understood his teachings. He turned Jesus over to the Romans because Jesus asked him to.
The toothpaste "Colgate" in Argentine Spanish translates to "Go Hang Yourself."
Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
Internet Users Send 204 Million Emails Per Minute.
Of the six flags planted on the moon five of them are still standing.
The first European who learned to smoke from the natives was arrested back home because people thought he was possessed by the devil.
The inventor of the Waffle Iron did not like waffles.
Elephants are pregnant for 2 years.
3 in every 10 teen girls in the U.S. get pregnant.
In 536 A.D. there was a worldwide dust cloud that blocked out the sun for a year resulting in widespread famine and disease.
A large number of Muslims sacrificed themselves to save Jews and fight Nazis in World War II.
The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange purple and silver!
Paris was originally a Roman city called "Lutetia".
Josef Mengele's "scientific" experiments at Auschwitz often involved studies of twins. If one twin died he would immediately kill the other and carry out comparative autopsies.
California has issued 6 drivers licenses to people named “Jesus Christ.”
The last surviving WW1 Veteran was a woman. She was a waitress at an air base.
In 2002 a 15-year-old boy inspired by 9/11 stole an airplane and flew it into a skyscraper in Tampa Florida. He was the only death.
Dominica Mexico Zambia Kiribati Fiji and Egypt all have birds on their flags.
On average dogs have better eyesight than humans although not as colorful.
If Thai policemen break the law they are forced to wear a Hello Kitty armband.
The only capital letter in the Roman alphabet with exactly one end point is P.
of all US$ cash is held overseas. 66%
Some cats have survived falls from over 32 stories (320 meters) onto concrete due largely to their “righting reflex.”
Turtles, water snakes, crocodiles, alligators, dolphins, whales, and other water going creatures will drown if kept underwater too long.
50% of giraffe calves do not survive their first 6 months due to predation from hyenas leopards and wild dogs.
In North Korea people don't celebrate birthdays on July 8 and December 17 since those are the dates that Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il died.
70% of all the world's spices come from India.
The World's Oldest Dress was found in Egypt and it is 5 000 years old.
About 3 000 Euros are thrown into the Trevi fountain in Italy each day.
The world's smallest cat is called "Tinker Toy" and he's just 2.75 inches (7 cm) tall.
During the Christmas season almost 28 LEGO sets are sold every second.
YouTube has a production space in Los Angeles that is free to use if you have 10 000 subscribers.
The gastrointestinal tract is a 30-foot (9 m) tube running from your mouth to your anus.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)