Small traces of gold have been found in the leaves of Eucalyptus trees.
A flock of crows is known as a murder.
George Washington died after his doctors removed 40% of his blood (80 ounces) over a 12-hour period to cure a throat infection.
In the UK the most common cause of death for men under 50 is suicide.
The "smell of rain" is caused by a bacteria called actinomycetes.
Your heart beats over 100 000 times per day.
There is a hotel in Sweden built entirely out of ice; it is rebuilt every year.
Famous soccer player Mario Balotelli is an Italian born to immigrants from Ghana raised by a Jewish mother.
Goldfish can't close their eyes as they have no eyelids.
An average person spends 6 years of his life dreaming.
Cotton Candy was invented by a dentist.
3 dogs survived the Titanic sinking out of 12 canines on board.
The mortality rate for abortions in the U.S. is 0.67 per 100 000 procedures. For colonoscopies is about 20 per 100 000 procedures.
Signs that a circling shark will attack: it will hunch its back lower its pectoral fins and swim in zigzag motions.
Saudi Arabia a member of the U.N. Human Rights Council punished 2 000 people with the death penalty since 1985.
Galileo Galilei was Albert Einstein's favorite scientist.
90%of all meteorites ever found have come from Antarctica.
A line of descendants of Aztec Emperor Moctezuma II was brought to Spain and became part of the Spanish nobility holding the title of "Duke of Moctezuma de Tultengo."
In Japan teachers and students come together to clean the classrooms and cafeteria.
Anne Frank's sister Margot also had a diary. It was never found.
J.K. Rowling chose the unusual name ‘Hermione’ so young girls wouldn’t be teased for being nerdy!
The average age of a human fat cell is 10 years.
North Korea has 51 "Social Categories" ranked by their loyalty to the regime.
Rio de Janeiro was once the capital of Portugal making it the only European capital outside of Europe.
Cleaning a cat's litter box can get you Toxoplasmosis if the cat is infected. While pregnant it can cause your baby to be born with cerebral palsy seizures and mental retardation.
If done perfectly a rubix cube combination can be solved in 17 turns.
In October 1941 more than 50 000 Jews were killed by Romanian troops in what is now known as the "Odessa massacre."
In the Land of the Pharaohs of Egypt beer was the national currency.
The strongest muscle in the human body is the masseter (jaw muscle).
White blood cells make up about 1% of your blood.
A kangaroo can't jump unless its tail is touching the ground.
Couples who live together before engagement have a higher divorce rates than those who wait.
The expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle not the water.
Each month there is at least one report of UFOs from each province of Canada.
Police officers in one state in India are given a slight pay upgrade for having a moustache.
Night vision goggles are green because the human eye can differentiate more shades of green than any other color.
According to Douglas Adams a Salween is the faint taste of dishwashing liquid in a cup of fresh tea.
The world's longest hangover lasted 4 weeks after a Scotsman consumed 60 pints of beer.
Many nursing homes in Germany have fake bus stops to collect residents with dementia who try to leave.
Drinking too much water can cause a water intoxication.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)