Everything that human beings or living animals do is done by protein molecules. And therefore the kind of proteins that one has and therefore the ability one has is determined by the genes that one has. ~ Har Gobind Khorana 1922 – 2011 - Molecular Biologist
Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
Bernard Silver (1924–1963) together with Norman Joseph Woodland (1921–2012) USA – Barcode.
Henry Heimlich (born 1920) USA – Heimlich maneuver.
Lala Balhumal Lahuri (c. 1842) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Henry Burden (1791–1871) Scotland and USA – Horseshoe machine first usable iron railed road spike.
Cornelis Corneliszoon (1550–1607) The Netherlands – sawmill.
Donald A. Glaser (1926–2013) USA – Bubble chamber.
John Bennett Fenn (1917–2010) USA – Electrospray ionization.
Steve Kirsch (born 1956) USA – Optical mouse.
Lev Artsimovich (1909–1973) Russia – tokamak.
John Herschel (1792–1871) UK – photographic fixer (hypo) actinometer.
Alec Reeves (1902–1971) UK – Pulse-code modulation.
Kia Silverbrook (born 1958) Australia – Memjet printer world's most prolific inventor.
Friedrich Soennecken (1848–1919) Germany – Ring binder Hole punch.
Zang-Hee Cho (born 1936) South Korea – co-inventor of Positron emission tomography and PET-MRI.
Otto Lilienthal (1848–1896) Germany – hang glider.
Norman Gaylord (1923–2007) USA – rigid gas-permeable contact lens.
Ottomar Anschütz (1846–1907) Germany – single-curtain focal-plane shutter electrotachyscope.
Edwin Beard Budding (1795–1846) UK – lawnmower.
Archibald Low (1882–1956) Britain – Pioneer of radio guidance systems.
Petro Prokopovych (1775–1850) Ukraine/Russia – early beehive frame queen excluder and other beekeeping novelties.
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. - Thomas Thomson 1773 to 1852 Chemist
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
There is no law except the law that there is no law. - John Archibald Wheeler 1911 to 2008 Theoretical Physicist
The chemists are a strange class of mortals impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor soot and flame poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I were to change places with the Persian king. ~ Johann Joachim Becher - 1635 to 1682
Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)