The population of Ireland still hasn't recovered from the famine of 1845-1852. It was at 8 million before the famine and is at 6.5 million today.
Scientists can grow teeth from urine.
The first sailing boats were invented in Egypt.
Earth is the only known place where a fire can occur naturally.
A cat called "Dusty" produced 420 kittens during her breeding life a world record.
The honey bee has been around for 30 million years.
The U.S. Government created a Twitter clone for Cubans in 2011.
Cheetahs were trained by man for hunting as long as 3000 BC.
Karoke means empty orchestra in Japanese.
In Italy "pepperoni" refers to bell peppers. There's no Italian salami by that name.
August 2014 was the warmest August ever recorded globally.
“Ithyphallophobia” is a morbid fear of seeing thinking about or having an erect penis.
Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
The Afghan War is the longest war in U.S. history.
When the movie "Clue" was shown in theaters in 1985 each theater was given 1 of 3 possible endings.
There is no Left Brain/Right Brain Divide. It's a myth. They work together.
You can see underwater sea life coral reefs and wrecks using Google Maps.
Both male and female caribou grow antlers.
During WW2 the Japanese invaded Alaska and more Americans were killed or wounded defending Alaska than at Pearl Harbor.
The Bible is the most shoplifted book in the world.
In the Philippine jungle the yo-yo was first used as a weapon.
Brazilian athletes funded their trip to the 1932 Olympics by selling coffee along the way.
79% of pet owners sleep with their pets.
Blue whales have large enough aortas (the main blood vessel) for a human to crawl through.
The farthest distance from Earth an astronaut has ever traveled was during the Apollo 13 emergency.
New York gets 15 times as much snow as the South Pole.
90%of all meteorites ever found have come from Antarctica.
Google intends to scan all known existing 129 million unique books before 2020.
Ghosts appear in 4 Shakespearian plays; Julius Caesar Richard III Hamlet and Macbeth.
In Finland 9 out of 10 plastic bottles are returned for recycling and almost 100% of glass bottles are also recycled.
Dolphins can eat up to 30 pounds of fish a day.
Pomology is the study of fruits.
The first time two men kissed on-screen was in 1927.
Recycling can take an aluminum can back on a grocery store shelf within 60 days.
In Baltimore USA it is illegal to wash or scrub a sink regardless of how dirty it is.
1.3 million Earths could fit inside the sun an average-sized star.
The average American spends US$ 7 852 on food every year.
People who regularly eat dinner or breakfast in restaurants double their risk of becoming obese.
Jim Carrey used to send funny letters to rapper Tupac Shakur when he was in prison.
Godzilla is an official Citizen of Japan.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products