Benjamin Franklin invented the bifocals eyeglasses in 1784.
We have more brain cells as a newborn baby than we will ever have again.
The dinosaur noises in the "Jurassic Park" movie were made from recordings of tortoise sex.
In the border between Egypt and Sudan there are795 sq miles (2 060 km2) of land unclaimed by neither.
London has 72 billionaires the most of any city.
Dragonflies are capable of flying sixty miles per hour making them one of the fastest insects. This is good since they are in a big hurry as they only live about twenty-four hours.
Most Egyptians died by the time they were 30 about 300 years ago
More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
The most sensitive cluster of nerves is at the base of the spine.
The hippopotamus is born underwater.
Johnny Appleseed planted apples so that people could use apple cider to make alcohol.
Scientists have developed a way of charging mobile phones using urine.
Mexico City boasts the largest taxi fleet in the world with 100 000 taxis running every day.
At the Wife Carrying World Championships in Finland first prize is the wife's weight in beer.
There was a Jewish-Austrian doctor who didn't charge Hitler's family due to their economic hardship. Hitler had him protected and called him "Noble Jew".
The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
In 1990 Belgium's government suspended its King from power for one day so that a law legalizing abortion could be passed without him a Catholic having to sign it.
44%of registered Twitter users have never tweeted.
Crucifixion is still an official form of death penalty in Sudan.
Spaniard double agent Joan Pujol Garcia had the rare distinction of receiving an Iron Cross from the Germans and an MBE from the British during WW2.
Gerald Ford was the only to have served as both U.S. President and Vice President without being elected to either position.
In Mozambique overhead power lines have to be at least 12 m (39 ft) high to permit safe passage of giraffes.
San Francisco was part of Mexico until the Mexican-American War in 1848.
The original 2014 World Cup's ball was produced in Pakistan.
Brazil's Capital Brasilia looks like an aeroplane from above.
Jim Morrison of the 60′s rock group The Doors was the first rock star to be arrested on stage.
When George Washington passed away in 1799 Britain's entire Royal Navy lowered its flags at half mast.
There's a conspiracy theory saying the Titanic never sunk. Instead it was her sister ship the Olympic and it was an insurance scam.
About a third of male fish in British rivers are changing sex due to pollution especially from contraceptive pills a research found.
The average human will shed 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime.
Jupiter is bigger than all the other planets in our solar system combined.
The "Shortfin Mako" Shark can accelerate faster than a Porsche.
Americans make up 5% of the world's population and yet produce 30% of the world's waste and use 25% of the world's resources.
The creator of the iPod first offered the idea to Philips and RealNetworks but they failed to see its potential.
In 1943 a fissure opened in a farmer's cornfield in Mexico growing into a five story tall volcano in only a week and up to 1 100 feet after a year.
An American urologist bought Napoleon’s penis for $40 000.
Facebook, Skype and Twitter are all banned in China.
There is no solid proof of who built the Taj Mahal.
The Labrador dog is from Newfoundland and the Newfoundland dog is from Labrador.
Despite their massive size blue whales feed almost exclusively on krill tiny shrimp-like animals about the size of a jelly bean.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)