"The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success are concentration, discrimination, organization, innovation and communication." - Michael Faraday
"There's not an instruction manual on how to deal with success, so you just have to rely on having great friends and a good team." - Bryan Adams
Applause waits on success. - Benjamin Franklin
Before watching Video, Read About…
Make Yourself Indispensible: If you can easily envision how the company could replace you, then your boss probably can, too. The successful know to make themselves indispensible, so that they are promoted or given a raise, rather than replaced.
Make an Effort to be Happy, No Matter What Challenges You Face: No matter what challenges you face at work, don’t bring them home with you. Make an effort to be happy at home; and to spread that happiness to your spouse and children.
Don’t Shy Away from Gray Areas: Gray areas are important. Those who are successful find out how to succeed, even when things are clearly black or white. Those who often fail to succeed cannot work through gray areas, but instead get confused and bogged down. If you want to get recognized and promoted, you must charge gray areas head- on and demonstrate that they won’t make you ineffective.
Become Deadline-Oriented: In the workplace, deadlines are everything. If you want to become successful, you must make it a point to follow deadlines very closely, so that your projects are always delivered on time.
Develop New Strategies: In addition to acquiring new skills, you should also devise new strategies for tackling your current workload. Find ways to do it faster and better, so that you stand out more.
Perform a Gap Analysis: Perform a gap analysis of what you are missing today in order to be worthy of the promotion. Think exactly what things you will need to do in order to position yourself well for it.
Don’t Let Your Past Limit Your Future: In the past, you failed miserably at many things. But that doesn’t have to carry over into the future. Don’t let your past limit your future, but instead, let go of your past failures and focus on what the future offers.
Define What Success in Your Personal Life Means to You: Success in your personal life can mean different things to different people. Define what it means to you. Does it mean that you become closer and more open with your spouse? Once you define it, focus on achieving it.
Avoid Unnecessarily Risky Investments: Instead of picking stocks, put your money into a mix of high-yield and low-yield bonds. Or into a fund that is well diversified and offers a reasonable, but low- risk return.
Watch Video: How To Make Your Life More Successful – Dan Ariely
(via YouTube)"If there's no fire, there's no scream. If there's no scream, then no one hears you and no one comes to help you in the first place. The depth of my struggle has definitely determined the height of my success. To be able to teach my kids not just about success but about the struggle that comes with it." - R. Kelly
The line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it: so fine that we are often on the line and do not know it. - Elbert Hubbard
"After my spectacular failures, I could not be satisfied with an ordinary success." - Mason Cooley
"They talk about the failure of socialism but where is the success of capitalism in Africa, Asia and Latin America?" - Fidel Castro
Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem. - Henry A. Kissinger
"If I can procure three hundred good substantial names of persons, or bodies, or institutions, I cannot fail to do well for my family, although I must abandon my life to its success, and undergo many sad perplexities and perhaps never see again my own beloved America." - John James Audubon
The success of any great moral enterprise does not depend upon numbers. - William Lloyd Garrison
There is no correlation between a childhood success and a professional athlete. - Carl Lewis
Success in its highest and noblest form calls for peace of mind and enjoyment and happiness which come only to the man who has found the work that he likes best. - Napoleon Hill
You always pass failure on your way to success. - Mickey Rooney
"Eventually, with success, I started to feel more and more isolated - like I didn't have a community of artists." - Joni Mitchell
"Follow your passion. Nothing - not wealth, success, accolades or fame - is worth spending a lifetime doing things you don't enjoy." - Jonathan Sacks
Failure is not our only punishment for laziness there is also the success of others. - Jules Renard
"I did stand-up comedy for 18 years. Ten of those years were spent learning, four years were spent refining, and four years were spent in wild success. I was seeking comic originality, and fame fell on me as a byproduct. The course was more plodding than heroic." - Steve Martin
"Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure. The way you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are." - Norman Vincent Peale
"It's ironic that at age 32, at probably the greatest moment of my career, with The Godfather having such an enormous success, I wasn't even aware of it, because I was somewhere else under the deadline again." - Francis Ford Coppola
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)