A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
With monads and diads and pentads and triads My brain has been addled completely; And what’s really meant by ‘something-valent ’ Is a question I give up discretely. ~ John Cargill Brough - 1834 to 1872
Zénobe Gramme (1826–1901) Belgium/France – Gramme dynamo.
Donát Bánki (1859–1922) Hungary – inventor of the carburetor for the stationary engine.
Glenn Curtiss (1878–1930) USA – aeronautical and aeroengine improvements.
Nikolay Benardos (1842–1905) Russia – arc welding (specifically carbon arc welding the first arc welding method).
C. W. Fuller (inv. 1953) USA – Gilhoolie.
Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790) USA – the pointed lightning rod conductor bifocal glasses the Franklin stove the glass harmonica.
Richard Drew (1899–1980) USA – Masking tape.
Ted Selker (inv. 1987) USA – Pointing stick.
Eric Tigerstedt (1887–1925) Finland – Sound-on-film triode vacuum tube.
Richard James Burgess (born 1949) UK – Simmons (electronic drum company) co-inventor of SDS5 drum synthesizer.
Almon Strowger (1839–1902) USA – automatic telephone exchange.
Seth Boyden (1788–1870) USA – nail-making machine.
William Snow Harris (1791–1867) United Kingdom – much improved naval Lightning rods.
Sergey Malyutin (1859–1937) Russia – designed the first matryoshka doll (together with Vasily Zvyozdochkin).
Elijah McCoy (1843–1929) Canada – Displacement lubricator.
Pieter van Musschenbroek (1692–1761) Netherlands – Leyden jar pyrometer.
Henry Heimlich (born 1920) USA – Heimlich maneuver.
Norm Larsen (1923–1970) USA – a.o. WD-40.
Otto Wichterle (1913–1989) Czechoslovakia – soft contact lens.
Alexander Coucoulas (1933-) USA - Thermosonic Bonding.
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
Simple laws can very well describe complex structures. The miracle is not the complexity of our world but the simplicity of the equations describing that complexity. ~ Sander Bais b. 1945 - Theoretical Physicist
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995 Astrophysicist
The physical chemists never use their eyes and are most lamentably lacking in chemical culture. It is essential to cast out from our midst root and branch this physical element and return to our laboratories. ~ Henry Edward Armstrong 1848 to 1937
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more