In its efforts to learn as much as possible about nature modern physics has found that certain things can never be “known” with certainty. Much of our knowledge must always remain uncertain. The most we can know is in terms of probabilities. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
Herman Hollerith (1860–1929) USA – recording data on a machine readable medium tabulator punched cards.
Nikolay Ivanovich Pirogov (1810–1881) Russia – early use of ether as anaesthetic first anaesthesia in a field operation various kinds of surgical operations.
Baltzar von Platen (1898–1984) Sweden – gas absorption refrigerator.
Hermann von Helmholtz (1821–1894) Germany – Helmholtz pitch notation Helmholtz resonator ophthalmoscope.
Alexey Pajitnov (born 1956) Russia/USA – Tetris.
Mordecai Meirowitz (born c. 1925) Roumania / Israel – Mastermind (board game).
Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky (1863–1944) Russia/France – early colour photography method based on three colour channels also colour film slides and colour motion pictures.
Simon Sunatori (born 1959) Canada – inventor of MagneScribe and Magic Spicer.
Ralf Reski (born 1958) Germany – Moss bioreactor 1998.
Henri Giffard (1825–1882) France – powered airship injector.
Francis Rogallo (1912–2009) USA – Rogallo wing.
John Barber (1734–1801) UK – gas turbine.
Jacob Christoph Le Blon (1667–1741) Germany/UK – three and four color Color printing.
Vint Cerf (born 1943) together with Bob Kahn (1938–) USA – Internet Protocol (IP).
Humberto Fernández Morán (1924–1999) Venezuela – Diamond scalpel Ultra microtome.
Henry Maudslay (1771–1831) UK – screw-cutting lathe bench micrometer.
Al-Khazini (fl.1115–1130) Persia/Iran – hydrostatic balance.
William Henry Perkin (1838–1907) United Kingdom – first synthetic organic chemical dye Mauveine.
Walter Houser Brattain (1902–1987) USA – co-inventor of the transistor.
Arturo Caprotti (1881–1938) Italy – Caprotti valve gear.
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
This most beautiful system of the sun planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. And if the fixed stars are the centres of other like systems these being formed by the like wise counsel must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially since the light of the fixed stars is of the same nature with the light of the sun. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
Actually everything that can be known has a number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. ~ Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC - Scientist and Philosopher
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
Pure mathematics exist by themselves; no will produces them no power can limit them. They are eternal laws that no man can infringe and from which it is impossible to escape. ~ S. Sandaram Iyer 1883 - Philosopher
The chief philosophical value of physics is that it gives the mind something distinct to lay hold of which if you don’t Nature at once tells you you are wrong. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products