I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
No two electrons in the same state? That is why atoms are so unnecessarily big and why metal and stone are so bulky. (Explaining that atoms are as large as they are because of Wolfgang Pauli’s Principle.) ~ Paul Ehrenfest 1880 – 1933
Hon Lik (1951 - ) Chinese. electronic cigarette.
Robert Goddard (1882–1945) USA – liquid fuel rocket.
Dean Kamen (born 1951) USA – Invented the Segway HT scooter and the IBOT Mobility Device.
Salih Tahtawi (fl.1659–1660) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Anders Celsius (1701–1744) Sweden – Celsius temperature scale.
Leonty Shamshurenkov (1687–1758) Russia – first self-propelling carriage (a precursor to both bicycle and automobile) projects of an original odometer and self-propelling sledge.
Gilles de Roberval (1602–1675) France – Roberval balance.
Francis Beaufort (1774–1857) Ireland/UK – Beaufort scale Beaufort cipher.
Fe del Mundo (1911–2011) The Philippines – medical incubator made out of bamboo for use in rural communities without electrical power.
Donát Bánki (1859–1922) Hungary – inventor of the carburetor for the stationary engine.
David Strang (inv. 1890) New Zealand – first Instant coffee.
Franc Trkman (1903–1978) Slovenia – electrical switches accessories for opening windows.
Igor Kurchatov (1903–1960) Russia – first nuclear power plant first nuclear reactors for submarines and surface ships.
Christopher Cockerell (1910–1999) UK – Hovercraft.
James Leonard Plimpton (1828–1911) USA – roller skates.
Tommy Flowers (1905–1998) UK – Colossus an early electronic computer..
Friedrich Clemens Gerke (1801–1888) Germany – current international Morse code.
Anders Knutsson Ångström (1888–1981) Sweden – Pyranometer.
Albert Hofmann (1906–2008) Switzerland – LSD.
Heron (c. 10–70) Roman Egypt – usually credited with invention of the aeolipile although it may have been described a century earlier.
Still I had a lurking question. Would it not be better if one could really ‘see’ whether molecules as complicated as the sterols or strychnine were just as experiment suggested? ~ Dorothy Hodgkin - 1910 to 1984
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
Find the number such that if the whole of it is added to one-seventh of it the result will be nineteen. ~ The Ahmes Papyrus Ancient Egyptian mathematics problem from c. 2200 BC
If physics and biology one day meet and one of the two is swallowed up that one will be biology. ~ J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 - Biologist
- Capture, Store and Relive Special Moments with this Ultra-Light Weight WEARABLE Camera!!!
- Camera + Camcorder: Snap Hi-Res 12 MegaPixel Images & Record Full HD 1080p Video
- 1.8 inch LCD Display Screen Allows you to View & Playback Real-Time Pictures and Videos
- Built-in WiFi for Wireless Connectivity & Control - Download the Free App: Snap Pics & Record Video with Your Smartphone! - Easy PC Connect: Save & Share
- Micro SD Card Slot for Easy File Sharing & File Transfer, card is NOT included - Integrated Microphone for Audio Recording - Includes Attachment Clip & USB Charging Cable.
- 1 hour live broadcasting
- 8MP image sensor
- Hd 720P30 video recording
- Free ion snapcam companion app (ios and android)
- Requires microsd card up to 32gb (not included)
- Capture 5MP photos stills
- 2.5 Hours of HD 720p video recording
- Shoots full HD 720p @ 30 fps video
- Requires microSD card up to 32GB (not Included)
- Free iON SnapCam companion app (iOS and Android)