The legend that every cipher is breakable is of course absurd though still widespread among people who should know better. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Georges Claude (1870–1960) France – neon lamp.
Evgeny Murzin (1914–1970) Russia – ANS synthesizer.
Bela Schick (1877–1967) Hungary – diphtheria test.
Alec Reeves (1902–1971) UK – Pulse-code modulation.
Nestor Genko (1839–1904) Russia – Genko's Forest Belt (the first large-scale windbreak system).
John Landis Mason (1826–1902) USA – Mason jars.
Werner von Siemens (1816–1892) Germany – a.o. electric elevator Electromote (= first trolleybus) an early Dynamo.
Nicolas Appert (1749–1841) France – canning (food preservation) using glass bottles see also Peter Durand.
Fe del Mundo (1911–2011) The Philippines – medical incubator made out of bamboo for use in rural communities without electrical power.
Carl Auer von Welsbach (1858–1929) Austria – Gas mantle ferrocerium.
Peter I the Great (Pyotr Alexeyevich Romanov) Tsar and Emperor of Russia (1672–1725) Russia – decimal currency yacht club sounding line with separating plummet (sounding weight probe).
Aaron D. O'Connell (born 1981) USA – first Quantum machine.
Ronald Price Hickman (1932–2011) USA - designed the original Lotus Elan the Lotus Elan +2 and the Lotus Europa as well as the Black & Decker Workmate.
Alexander Morozov (1904–1979) Russia – T-54/55 (the most produced tank in history) co-developer of T-34.
Ignazio Porro (1801–1875) Italy – Porro prism Strip camera.
George Constantinescu (1881–1965) Romania – creator of the theory of sonics a new branch of continuum mechanics.
David Chaum (born 1955) USA – a.o. Digital signatures ecash.
Gustav de Laval (1845–1913) Sweden – invented the milk separator and the milking machine.
Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi (Abulcasis) (936–1013) Islamic Spain – catgut surgical suture various surgical instruments and dental devices.
Gilles de Roberval (1602–1675) France – Roberval balance.
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
In its efforts to learn as much as possible about nature modern physics has found that certain things can never be “known” with certainty. Much of our knowledge must always remain uncertain. The most we can know is in terms of probabilities. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.