Nothing can be more certain than this: that we are just beginning to learn something of the wonders of the world on which we live and move and have our being. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
Chuck Hull (born 1939) USA – 3D printer.
Salih Tahtawi (fl.1659–1660) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Jonas Ferdinand Gabriel Lippmann (1845–1921) France – Lippmann plate Integral imaging Lippmann electrometer.
Marvin Camras (1916–1995) USA – magnetic recording.
Anders Knutsson Ångström (1888–1981) Sweden – Pyranometer.
Roy Plunkett (1910–1994) United States – Teflon.
Hugh Bradner (1915–2008) USA – Wetsuit.
Otto Schmitt (1913–1998) USA – Schmitt trigger (electronics).
Humphry Davy (1778–1829) UK – Davy miners lamp.
Jan Czochralski (1885–1953) Poland / Germany – Czochralski process (crystal growth).
Tom Knight (? - ) USA - BioBricks (synthetic biology).
Hans Lippershey (1570–1619) The Netherlands – telescope.
Ivan Kulibin (1735–1818) Russia – egg-shaped clock candle searchlight elevator using screw mechanisms a self-rolling carriage featuring a flywheel brake gear box and bearing an early optical telegraph.
Masatoshi Shima (born 1943) Japan – microprocessor.
Momofuku Ando (1910–2007) Japan – Instant noodles.
Ivan Knunyants (1906–1990) Armenia/Russia – capron Nylon 6 polyamide-6.
Min Chueh Chang (1908–1991) together with Gregory Goodwin Pincus (1903–1967) USA/China – Combined oral contraceptive pill.
Eadweard Muybridge (1830–1904) UK – motion picture.
Carl Friedrich Claus (c. 1883) Germany – Claus process (petrochemistry).
Daniel David Palmer (1845–1913) Canada – chiropractic.
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
The development of biology is going to destroy to some extent our traditional grounds for ethical belief and it is not easy to see what to put in their place. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 Molecular Biologist
Falsity in intellectual action is intellectual immorality. - Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin 1843 to 1928 Geologist
Biology is the study of the complex things in the Universe. Physics is the study of the simple ones. ~ Richard Dawkins 1941 – present - Evolutionary Biologist
In our work we are always between Scylla and Charybdis; we may fail to abstract enough and miss important physics or we may abstract too much and end up with fictitious objects in our models turning into real monsters that devour us. ~ Murray Gell-Mann b. 1929
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
All increasing or dominant species (and it is from these that new species arise) vary considerably in all their parts organs and faculties in every generation. ~ Alfred Russel Wallace 1823 to 1913 - Zoologist Evolutionary Biologist
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.