Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
Marin Soljačić (1974) Croatia - Resonant inductive coupling.
Mulalo Doyoyo (born 1970) South Africa/USA - engineer and inventor (Cenocell - cementless concrete).
Gilles Saint-Hilaire (born 1948) Canada – Quasiturbine Qurbine.
George Cayley (1773–1857) UK – glider tension-spoke wheels Caterpillar track.
William Saville-Kent (1845–1908) UK/Australia – Pearl culture see also Mikimoto Kōkichi.
James Dewar (1842–1923) UK – Thermos flask.
Murasaki Shikibu (c. 973–1025) Japan – psychological novel.
Julius Fromm (1883–1945) Germany – first seamless Condom.
Artur Fischer (born 1919) Germany – fasteners including fischertechnik..
Miksa Deri (1854–1938) Hungary – co-inventor of an improved closed-core transformer.
Gustav Giemsa (1867–1948) Germany – Giemsa stain (histology).
John W. Mauchly (1907–1980) USA – ENIAC – the first general purpose programmable digital computer.
Nikolai Lebedenko Russia – Tsar Tank the largest armored vehicle in history.
Marc Seguin (1786–1875) France – wire-cable suspension bridge.
Alexander Graham Bell (1847–1922) UK Canada and USA – telephone.
Wendell Brown (born 1961) USA – ADAP sound editor eVoice voicemail Teleo VoIP virtual workforce and energy efficiency technologies.
David L. Mills (born 1938) USA – a.o. Fuzzball router Network Time Protocol.
Robert H. Dennard (born 1932) USA– Dynamic random-access memory (DRAM).
Antoni van Leeuwenhoek (1632–1723) The Netherlands – development of the microscope.
Hermann von Helmholtz (1821–1894) Germany – Helmholtz pitch notation Helmholtz resonator ophthalmoscope.
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
A cylinder of air reaching to the top of the atmosphere is of equal weight with a cylinder of water about 33 feet high. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
A physicist is an atom’s way of knowing about atoms. - George Wald 1906 to 1997 Neurobiologist
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. ~ Justus von Liebig - 1803 to 1873
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.