The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
A cylinder of air reaching to the top of the atmosphere is of equal weight with a cylinder of water about 33 feet high. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
Remi Swierczek (born 1958) Poland – Inventor of Music Identification System and the Mico Changer (coin hopper and dispenser used in casinos).
James Fergason (born 1934) USA – improved liquid crystal display.
Giovanni Caselli (1815–1891) Italy/France – Pantelegraph.
Alexander Lodygin (1847–1923) Russia – electrical filament incandescent light bulb with tungsten filament.
Richard J. Gatling (1818–1903) USA – wheat drill first successful machine gun.
Camillo Golgi (1843–1926) Italy – Golgi's method (histology).
Yves Klein (1928–1962) France – International Klein Blue.
Hans Berger (1873–1941) Germany – first human EEG and its development.
Sergey Korolyov (1907–1966) Ukraine/Russia – first successful intercontinental ballistic missile (R-7 Semyorka) R-7 rocket family Sputniks (including the first Earth-orbiting artificial satellite) Vostok program (including the first human spaceflight).
Bob Kahn (born 1938) together with Vint Cerf (1943–) USA – Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Ibn al-Shatir (1304–1375) Syria – "jewel box" device which combined a compass with a universal sundial.
Gustaf Erik Pasch (1788–1862) Sweden – safety match.
Annie Malone (1869–1957) USA – Cosmetics for African American women.
John Roebuck (1718–1794) UK – lead chamber process for sulfuric acid synthesis.
George Crum (1822–1914) USA – potato chips.
John Boyd Dunlop (1840–1921) UK – first practical pneumatic tyre.
Rasmus Lerdorf (born 1968) Greenland/Canada – PHP (programming language).
Robert Bunsen (1811–1899) Germany – Bunsen burner.
John Harrison (1693–1776) UK – marine chronometer.
Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790) USA – the pointed lightning rod conductor bifocal glasses the Franklin stove the glass harmonica.
Physicists being in no way different from the rest of the population have short memories for what is inconvenient. ~ Anthony Standen 1907 – 1993
The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995 Astrophysicist
The chemists are a strange class of mortals impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor soot and flame poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I were to change places with the Persian king. ~ Johann Joachim Becher - 1635 to 1682
Perhaps it is not amiss to remark that the biologist may not hope to solve the ultimate problems of life any more than the chemist and physicist may hope to penetrate the final mysteries of existence in the non-living world. ~ Edmund Beecher Wilson 1856 to 1939 - Geneticist Biologist
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.