Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
Actually everything that can be known has a Number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. - Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC Scientist and Philosopher
Evgeny Murzin (1914–1970) Russia – ANS synthesizer.
Arogyaswami Paulraj (born 1944) India/USA – MIMO.
Ernest Beaux (1881–1961) Russia/France – Chanel No. 5.
John Thompson Dorrance (1873–1930) USA – Condensed soup.
Julius Richard Petri (1852–1921) Germany – Petri dish.
David Brewster (1781–1868) United Kingdom – Kaleidoscope.
Johann Gutenberg (c. 1390s–1468) Germany – movable type printing press.
Grace Murray Hopper (1906–1992) USA – Compiler.
Jamshīd al-Kāshī (c. 1380–1429) Persia/Iran – plate of conjunctions analog planetary computer.
Vladimir Bekhterev (1857–1927) Russia – Bekhterev's Mixture.
Ralph H. Baer (1922-December 6 2014) German born American – video game console.
Pavel Molchanov (1893–1941) Russia – radiosonde.
Abū Rayhān al-Bīrūnī (973–1048) Persia/Iran – mechanical geared lunisolar calendar laboratory and surveying equipment..
William Saville-Kent (1845–1908) UK/Australia – Pearl culture see also Mikimoto Kōkichi.
Kenyon Taylor (inv. 1961) USA – Flip-disc display.
Granville Woods (1856–1910) USA – the Synchronous Multiplex Railway Telegraph.
Karl-Hermann Geib (1908–1949) Germany / USSR – Girdler sulfide process.
Hub van Doorne (1900–1979) Netherlands Variomatic continuously variable transmission.
Alexander Parkes (1831–1890) UK – celluloid.
Yoshiyuki Sankai (c. 1957–) Japan – Robotic exoskeleton for motion support (medicine).
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. ~ Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 - Biologist
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
Falsity in intellectual action is intellectual immorality. - Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin 1843 to 1928 Geologist
Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.