All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
Vasily Andreyev (1861–1918) Russia – standard balalaika.
Steve Kirsch (born 1956) USA – Optical mouse.
Semen Korsakov (1787–1853) Russia – punched card for information storage.
Walton Musser (1909–1998) USA – Harmonic drive gear.
Edwin Southern (born 1938) USA – Southern blot (molecular biology).
Fritz Pfleumer (1881–1945) Germany – magnetic tape.
Lin Yutang (1895–1976) China/USA – Chinese language typewriter.
Moritz von Jacobi (1801–1874) Germany/Russia – electrotyping electric boat.
Cornelius Drebbel (1572–1633) The Netherlands – first navigable submarine.
Ward Christensen (inv. 1978–) USA – Bulletin board system.
Hiram Maxim (1840–1916) USA born UK – First self-powered machine gun.
Virginia Apgar (1909–1974) USA – Apgar score (for newborn babies).
Max Bielschowsky (1869–1940) Germany – Bielschowsky stain (histology).
Jimmy Hotz (born 1953) USA – Hotz MIDI Translator Atari Hotz Box.
Otto Wichterle (1913–1989) Czechoslovakia – soft contact lens.
Montgolfier brothers (1740–1810) and (1745–1799) France – hot air balloon.
Niklaus Wirth (born 1934) Switzerland – Pascal (programming language).
Alexander Popov (1859–1906) Russia – lightning detector (the first lightning prediction system and radio receiver) co-inventor of radio.
Alexandre Alexeieff (1901–1982) Russia/France – pinscreen animation (with his wife Claire Parker).
Paul C. Fisher (1913–2006) USA – Space Pen.
It is thus probable that germs of the lowest organisms known to us are continually being carried away from the earth and the other planets upon which they exist. As seeds in general so most of these spores thus carried away will no doubt meet death in the cold infinite space of the universe. Yet a small number of spores will fall on some other world and may there be able to spread life if conditions be suitable. ~ Svante Arrhenius 1859 to 1927 - Physical Chemist
We think there is color we think there is sweet we think there is bitter but in reality there are atoms and a void. ~ Democritus c. 460 – c. 370 BC
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Biology is the study of the complex things in the Universe. Physics is the study of the simple ones. ~ Richard Dawkins 1941 – present - Evolutionary Biologist
We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
Our thoughts visions and fantasies have a physical reality. A thought is made of hundreds of electrochemical impulses. ~ Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astrobiologist Planetary Scientist
- Provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact System
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups, including your upper, middle and lower ABS and obliques, thighs, gluts, calves, forearms, triceps and biceps
- COMP and portable
- Comes Fully Assembled, Adjustable dual resistance
- Exercise DVD & Fitness Guide Included
- Brand: Ollieroo®.
- Comes Fully Assembled,occupied area is small, easy to store and easy to carry.
- Dual resistance springs for ABS and core strengthening,Perfect for provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact system.
- Suitable for each stage of the fitness crowd, long service life-Adjustable resistance to accomodate both beginners and advanced users.
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups,including your upper,middle and lower ABS and obliques,thighs,gluts,calves,forearm,triceps,biceps,combines more than 14 great exercises.
- VERSATILE and CONVENIENT: Wonder Core Smart is so versatile it replaces 6 resistance gym equipment PLUS cardio to give you the total body workout from the comfort of your own home!
- EFFICIENT: Wonder Core offers dual resistance to work muscle groups on the way up, and down, to optimize results and get you the body you want and deserve!
- ADJUSTABLE resistance to accommodate beginners and advanced health and fitness enthusiasts!
- FREE Twister Board so you can incorporate new exercises to your daily workout routines!
- FREE Wonder Core Manual, DVD Guide, and Meal Plan. Note: The Wonder Core Smart comes fully assembled for easy usage.