In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
It does not help that some politicians and journalists assume the public is interested only in those aspects of science that promise immediate practical applications to technology or medicine. - Steven Weinberg 1933 to present Theoretical Physicist
Karl Ferdinand Braun (1850–1918) Germany – cathode-ray tube oscilloscope.
Otto von Guericke (1602–1686) Germany – vacuum pump manometer dasymeter.
Nikolai Lebedenko Russia – Tsar Tank the largest armored vehicle in history.
Edmund Davy (1785–1857) Ireland – acetylene.
Moritz von Jacobi (1801–1874) Germany/Russia – electrotyping electric boat.
Andrey Geim (born 1958) Russia/United Kingdom – graphene.
Esther Takeuchi (born 1953) - holds more than 150 US-patents the largest number for any woman in the United States.
Igor Sikorsky (1889–1972) Russia/USA – first four-engine fixed-wing aircraft (Russky Vityaz) first airliner and purpose-designed bomber (Ilya Muromets) modern helicopter Sikorsky-series helicopters.
Anthony R. Barringer (1925–2009) Canada/USA – INPUT (Induced Pulse Transient) airborne electromagnetic system.
Rachel Fuller Brown (1898–1980) USA – Nystatin the world's first antifungal antibiotic.
Augustus Siebe (1788–1872) Germany/UK – Inventor of the standard diving dress.
Félix d'Herelle (1873–1949) together with Giorgi Eliava (1892–1937) France / Georgia – Phage therapy.
Charles Cantor (born 1942) USA – Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (molecular biology).
Norman Wilkinson (1878–1971) UK – Dazzle camouflage.
Lasse Hessel (born 1940) Denmark – Female condom.
Petrache Poenaru (1799–1875) Romania – fountain pen.
August Schrader (1820–?) USA – Schrader valve for Pneumatic tire.
Mikhail Tsvet (1872–1919) Russia – chromatography (specifically adsorption chromatography the first chromatography method).
Charles Goodyear (1800–1860) USA – vulcanization of rubber.
Sam Born Russia/USA – lollipop-making machine.
Although the alternate ‘wax and wane’ cycles are the rule rather than the exception in all fields of human endeavor in that of biological sciences the ‘wane’ is all too often indicative of a justified loss of faith in the rational and methodical approach that had at first raised so much hope. ~ Rita Levi-Montalcini 1909 to 2012 Neurobiologist
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
The development of biology is going to destroy to some extent our traditional grounds for ethical belief and it is not easy to see what to put in their place. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 Molecular Biologist
Before the Copernican revolution it was natural to suppose that God’s purposes were specifically concerned with the earth but now this has become an unplausible hypothesis. If it is the purpose of the Cosmos to evolve mind we must regard it as rather incompetent in having produced so little in such a long time. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
In its efforts to learn as much as possible about nature modern physics has found that certain things can never be “known” with certainty. Much of our knowledge must always remain uncertain. The most we can know is in terms of probabilities. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
I believe that new mathematical schemata new systems of axioms certainly new systems of mathematical structures will be suggested by the study of the living world. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.