The development of biology is going to destroy to some extent our traditional grounds for ethical belief and it is not easy to see what to put in their place. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 Molecular Biologist
Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
Roland Moreno (1945–2012) France – inventor of the smart card.
Giacomo da Lentini (13th Century) Italy – Sonnet.
Kalman Tihanyi (1897–1947) Hungary – co-inventor of cathode ray tube and iconoscope.
Theodore Maiman (1927–2007) USA – Laser see also Gordon Gould.
Boris Stechkin (1891–1969) Russia – co-developer of Sikorsky Ilya Muromets and Tsar Tank developer of Soviet heat and aircraft engines.
Sidney Rosenthal (1907–1979) USA – Magic Marker.
John Blenkinsop (1783–1831) UK – Blenkinsop rack railway system.
Blaise Pascal (1623–1662) France – Pascal's calculator.
Motorins Ivan Feodorovich (1660s–1735) and his son Mikhail Ivanovich (?–1750) Russia – Tsar Bell.
Charles Fabry (1867–1945) together with Alfred Perot (1863–1925) France – Fabry–Pérot interferometer (physics).
Almon Strowger (1839–1902) USA – automatic telephone exchange.
Mstislav Keldysh (1911–1978) Latvia/Russia – co-developer of Sputnik 1 (the first artificial satellite) together with Korolyov and Tikhonravov.
James Fergason (born 1934) USA – improved liquid crystal display.
Bob Kahn (born 1938) together with Vint Cerf (1943–) USA – Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Marcel Kiepach (1894-1915) Croatia - dynamo maritime compass that indicates north regardless of the presence of iron or magnetic forces.
Hans Wilhelm Geiger (1882–1945) Germany – Geiger counter.
Ole Kirk Christiansen (1891–1958) Denmark – creator of LEGO.
Jacques E. Brandenberger (1872–1954) Switzerland – Cellophane.
Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès (1817–1880) France – margarine.
Jamshīd al-Kāshī (c. 1380–1429) Persia/Iran – plate of conjunctions analog planetary computer.
Division is esteemed one of the busiest operations of Arithmetic and such as requireth a mind not wandering or settled upon other matters. ~ Thomas Hylles The arte of vulgar arithmeticke 1600 - Mathematician
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
The invention of logarithms came to the world as a bolt from the blue. No previous work had led up to it… It stands isolated breaking in upon human thought abruptly without borrowing from the work of other intellects or following known lines of mathematical thought. ~ John Moulton 1844 – 1921 - Mathematician
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” - Marie Curie 1867 to 1934 Chemist Physicist
This most beautiful system of the sun planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. And if the fixed stars are the centres of other like systems these being formed by the like wise counsel must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially since the light of the fixed stars is of the same nature with the light of the sun. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more