The physical chemists never use their eyes and are most lamentably lacking in chemical culture. It is essential to cast out from our midst root and branch this physical element and return to our laboratories. ~ Henry Edward Armstrong 1848 to 1937
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
Willem Johan Kolff (1911–2009) Netherlands – artificial kidney hemodialysis machine.
Aldred Scott Warthin (1866–1931) together with Allen Chronister Starry (1890–1973) USA – Warthin–Starry stain (histology).
Alexey Pajitnov (born 1956) Russia/USA – Tetris.
Colin Murdoch (1929–2008) New Zealand – a.o. Tranquillizer gun disposable hypodermic syringe.
George Antheil (1900–1959) together with Hedy Lamarr (1914–2000) USA Frequency-hopping spread spectrum.
Hasan al-Rammah (fl.1270s) Syria – rocket-propelled torpedo.
Stanley Mazor (1941–) USA – microprocessor.
Donát Bánki (1859–1922) Hungary – inventor of the carburetor for the stationary engine.
Vladimir Chelomey (1914–1984) Russia – first space station (Salyut) Proton rocket (the most used heavy lift launch system).
Richard J. Gatling (1818–1903) USA – wheat drill first successful machine gun.
Anthony R. Barringer (1925–2009) Canada/USA – INPUT (Induced Pulse Transient) airborne electromagnetic system.
Ted Hoff (born 1937) USA – microprocessor.
Ray Tomlinson (inv. 1971) USA – First inter-computer email.
Tokushichi Mishima (1893–1975) Japan – MKM magnetic steel.
George de Hevesy (1885–1966) Hungary – radioactive tracer.
Fathullah Shirazi (c. 1582) Mughal India – early volley gun.
Ronald Price Hickman (1932–2011) USA - designed the original Lotus Elan the Lotus Elan +2 and the Lotus Europa as well as the Black & Decker Workmate.
Gail Borden (1801–1874) USA – a.o. Condensed milk produced by vacuum.
Rachel Fuller Brown (1898–1980) USA – Nystatin the world's first antifungal antibiotic.
Karl-Hermann Geib (1908–1949) Germany / USSR – Girdler sulfide process.
Primates are visual animals above all and anatomical work in particular is as much pictorial as verbal. ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. - Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Astronomer Mathematician
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more