A worm's mind has been mapped and replicated by scientists into a software that's now inside a Lego robot.
In London it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliaments – This has been voted as the most ridiculous law by the British citizens.
Every year since 1966 the town of Gavle Sweden erects a giant straw goat for Christmas and almost every year vandals burn it.
1 IN 8 American workers has been employed by McDonald's.
15 billion cigarettes are smoked worldwide every day.
Parents of new babies miss out on 6 months worth of sleep in the first 2 years of their child's life.
Charles Richter who invented the Richter Scale was a nudist.
A full day on the moon from one sunrise to the next lasts about 29.5 Earth days on average.
South Korean soap operas are popular in Cuba.
The females of some moth species lack wings all they can do to move is crawl.
Four of Freud's sisters died during the Holocaust in Nazi concentration camps.
1 out of every 8 Americans is from California.
A shrimp’s heart is in its head.
Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
Black lemurs are thought to be the only primates besides humans to have blue eyes.
31% of rock star deaths are related to drugs or alcohol.
Texas declared its independence from Mexico in 1836and became a Republic until it joined the U.S. in 1845.
Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
A herd of unicorns is called a blessing.
Scientists have performed brain surgery on cockroaches.
Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world.
In 2011 a woman bought a "non-visible" piece of art for $10 000.
When you tie a noose the rope is wrapped twelve times around because it’s the same length as a persons head.
After hitting the iceberg it took the Titanic 2 hours and 40 minutes to sink.
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
95% of all data in the world is still stored on paper. Most of it is never looked at again.
Elvis Presley's manager Colonel Tom Parker used to sell both 'I love Elvis' and 'I hate Elvis' badges at his concerts.
The U.S. government's "official expert" on Marijuana from 1938 to 1962 once testified in court under oath that he had smoked marijuana and it turned him into a bat.
The U.S. Army admitted it secretly dumped 64 million pounds of nerve and mustard gas agents into the ocean from 1944 to 1970 along with 400 000 chemical-filled bombs and more than 500 tons of radioactive waste.
Your brain keeps developing until your late 40s.
Dyeing pets to look like other wild animals is a trend in China.
Martin Luther King Jr. required hours of delicate surgery to remove a steel letter opener from his chest in 1958.
The bonobo monkeys use sex (and/or sexual favors) to placate members of their social group instead of grooming. They are one of the few species of animals (humans being another) that have sex out of season and for fun.
Arguing about money is the top predictor of divorce a study found.
If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop – they use their tails for balance.
A U.S. journalist faces 105 years in jail for posting a link on the web.
The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside down.
Rabbits often sleep with their eyes open.
In Italy 17 is considered an unlucky number. In Japan 4 is considered an unlucky number.
The largest population of Catholics in the world is not in Italy nor Spain. It's in Brazil: 123 million 64% of its population.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)