Actually everything that can be known has a Number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. - Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC Scientist and Philosopher
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
Friedrich Soennecken (1848–1919) Germany – Ring binder Hole punch.
Pavel Molchanov (1893–1941) Russia – radiosonde.
Henry Burden (1791–1871) Scotland and USA – Horseshoe machine first usable iron railed road spike.
Enrico Fermi (1901–1954) Italy – nuclear reactor.
Frank Marugg (inv. 1944) USA – Wheel clamp.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519) Italy – conceptualized a helicopter a tank concentrated solar power the double hull. Relatively few of his designs were constructed during his lifetime. Some that were used are an automated bobbin winder and a machine for testing the tensile strength of wire.
Jan Czochralski (1885–1953) Poland / Germany – Czochralski process (crystal growth).
Satyendra Nath Bose (1894–1974) India – work on gas-like properties of electromagnetic radiation Boson and providing foundation for Bose–Einstein statistics and Bose–Einstein condensate.
Dmitry Lachinov (1842–1902) Russia – mercury pump economizer for electricity consumption electrical insulation tester optical dynamometer photometer elecrolyser.
Bhargav Sri Prakash (born 1977) India/USA - Learnification platform at FriendsLearn Virtual Reality System electromagnetic collision avoidance system OBD based in-vehicle powertrain performance measurement rate based driver controls for drive by wire systems.
William Henry Perkin (1838–1907) United Kingdom – first synthetic organic chemical dye Mauveine.
Garrett A. Morgan (1877–1963) USA – inventor of the smoke hood.
George Stephenson (1781–1848) UK – steam railway.
Boris Rosing (1869–1933) Russia – CRT television (first television system using CRT on the receiving side).
Fyodor Blinov (1827–1902) Russia – first tracked vehicle steam-powered continuous track tractor.
Edwin Southern (born 1938) USA – Southern blot (molecular biology).
Vladimir Sergeyevich Vakhmistrov (1897–1972) Russia – first bomber with a parasite aircraft (Zveno project).
Irving Langmuir (1851–1957) USA – gas filled incandescent light bulb hydrogen welding.
Yoshiyuki Sankai (c. 1957–) Japan – Robotic exoskeleton for motion support (medicine).
Virginia Apgar (1909–1974) USA – Apgar score (for newborn babies).
Instead of being the biological center of the Universe I believe our planet is just an assembly station but one with a major advantage over most other places. The constant presence of liquid water almost everywhere on the Earth is a huge advantage for life especially for assembling life into complex forms by the process we call ‘evolution.’ ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 - Astrophysicist
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
Actually everything that can be known has a number; for it is impossible to grasp anything with the mind or to recognize it without this. ~ Philolaus c. 470 – c. 385 BC - Scientist and Philosopher
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
Time is the best appraiser of scientific work and I am aware that an industrial discovery rarely produces all its fruit in the hands of its first inventor. ~ Louis Pasteur - 1822 to 1895
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
- This Bundle Includes 4 Items (Non OEM): Black Soft Skin, Armband, Screen Protector, and Smart Headphone Wrap
- Durable, Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities
- Offers Tough, Durable, Transparent Surface While Keeping the LCD Screen Clean and Reduce Fingerprints
- Compatible with Sandisk Sansa Clip Sport ONLY (MP3 Player Not Included)
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in place to guarantee fatigue free ears and tangle free comfort.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your favorite music and answer calls without skips or missed words.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free today.