The time however has arrived when biology must like the other sciences make a fresh start in a purely speculative direction free from all entanglement with medical or any other art. ~ Auguste Compte 1798 to 1857 - Philosopher of Science
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
Richard J. Gatling (1818–1903) USA – wheat drill first successful machine gun.
Cyril Duquet (1841–1922) Canada – Telephone handset.
Hanaoka Seishū (1760–1835) Japan – General anaesthetic.
Ira Remsen (1846–1927) USA – saccharin.
Charles Xavier Thomas de Colmar (1785–1870) France – Arithmometer.
René Laennec (1781–1826) France – stethoscope.
Cornelis Corneliszoon (1550–1607) The Netherlands – sawmill.
Willem Johan Kolff (1911–2009) Netherlands – artificial kidney hemodialysis machine.
Simon Sze (born 1936) Taiwan/USA together with Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea – Floating-gate MOSFET.
Otto von Guericke (1602–1686) Germany – vacuum pump manometer dasymeter.
Mikhail Kalashnikov (1919–2013) Russia – AK-47 and AK-74 assault rifles (the most produced ever).
Paul C. Fisher (1913–2006) USA – Space Pen.
Ed Seymour (inv. c. 1949) USA – Aerosol paint.
Arogyaswami Paulraj (born 1944) India/USA – MIMO.
Boris Grabovsky (1901–1966) Russia – cathode commutator an early electronic TV pickup tube.
Nasīr al-Dīn al-Tūsī (1201–1274) Persia/Iran – observatory Tusi-couple.
Blaise Pascal (1623–1662) France – Pascal's calculator.
Mstislav Keldysh (1911–1978) Latvia/Russia – co-developer of Sputnik 1 (the first artificial satellite) together with Korolyov and Tikhonravov.
Bruce Ames (born 1928) USA – Ames test (cell biology).
Lisitsyn brothers Ivan Fyodorovich and Nazar Fyodorovich Russia – samovar (the first documented makers).
In practical applications we are concerned only with comparatively small numbers; only stellar astronomy and atomic physics deal with ‘large’ numbers and they have very little more practical importance as yet than the most abstract pure mathematics. ~ G. H. Hardy 1877 – 1947 - Mathematician
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Although the alternate ‘wax and wane’ cycles are the rule rather than the exception in all fields of human endeavor in that of biological sciences the ‘wane’ is all too often indicative of a justified loss of faith in the rational and methodical approach that had at first raised so much hope. ~ Rita Levi-Montalcini 1909 to 2012 Neurobiologist
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.