Nelson Mandela and Muammar Gaddafi were close friends.
Women were first allowed to participate in the Olympic Games in 1900.
Google is offering US$20 million to any private team that can land on the moon by New Year's Eve of 2016.
Poveglia is an island in Italy that is so dangerously "haunted" that public access is not permitted.
Squirrels cannot see the colour red.
Cancers are primarily an environmental disease with 90 - 95% of cases attributed to environmental factors and 5 - 10% due to genetics.
If you consistently fart for 6 years & 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb!
The Salema Porgy is a species of fish that can cause hallucinations when eaten. In Ancient Rome it was consumed as a recreational drug.
In Japan 685 kids were rushed to hospitals in 1997 after an intense Pokemon episode that caused dizziness vomiting and seizures.
Oil is cheaper than water in Venezuela and Saudi Arabia.
In the UK the most common cause of death for men under 50 is suicide.
Two-thirds of people tilt their head to the right when they kiss.
Global warming could drive to extinction as many as 1 in 6 animal and plant species.
A standard grave is 7’8 x 3’2 x 6.
The longest common English word without vowels is "rhythms".
If you announce your goals to others you are less likely to make them happen because you lose motivation studies confirmed.
Termites outweigh humans by almost ten to one.
There are more black men in prison today than there were black male slaves before the American Civil War.
The budget for the Movie "Titanic" was higher than the Titanic itself.
In China women who remain unmarried in their late 20s and beyond are called "Sheng nu" which means "leftover women."
Martin Luther King Jr. was a huge Star Trek fan.
Elvis Presley never performed outside of North America.
Sweden has run out of trash so it's importing garbage from Norway
37%Of New Yorkers were born in another country.
The verb "unfriend" dates back to 1659. It existed even earlier as a noun as far back as 1275.
The crack of a whip is actually a tiny sonic boom since the tip breaks the sound barrier.
Witold Pilecki a Polish soldier volunteered to be imprisoned in Auschwitz in order to gather information escape and let the world know about the Holocaust.
Half of your genes describe the complex design of your brain with the other half describing the organization of the other 98% of your body.
When you donate your body to science it can get used as a crash test dummy for medical training forensic research or to save a life through organ transplants.
Hitler's First Love was a Jewish girl. lacking courage he never spoke to her.
Listerine was invented in 1879 as a surgical antiseptic and later sold as a floor cleaner and a cure for gonorrhea.
The largest earthquake ever recorded was a magnitude 9.5 in Chile back in 1960.
Concentration camps were first used by the British during the Second Anglo-Boer War.
The key to happiness is spending your money on experiences rather than possessions according to studies.
A “quidnunc” is a person who is eager to know the latest news and gossip.
Residents of Churchill Canada leave their cars unlocked to offer an escape for pedestrians who might encounter Polar Bears.
Approximately 100 people die each year when they are stepped on by cows.
The average person walks 75 000 miles (120 000 KM) in a lifetime or five times round the world.
The Sun is thought to have completed about 20 orbits during its lifetime and just 1/1250th of an orbit since the origin of humans.
Krubera Cave the deepest known cave on Earth has depth of 2 197 m (7 208 ft).
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products