We were a polite society and I expected to lead a quiet life teaching mechanics and listening to my senior colleagues gently but obliquely poking fun at one another. This dream of somnolent peace vanished very quickly when (Ernest) Rutherford came to Cambridge. Rutherford was the only person I have met who immediately impressed me as a great man. He was a big man and made a big noise and he seemed to enjoy every minute of his life. I remember that when transatlantic broadcasting first came in Rutherford told us at a dinner in Hall how he had spoken into a microphone to America and had been heard all over the continent. One of the bolder of our Fellows said: “Surely you did not need to use apparatus for that.” ~ Geoffrey Fellows 1871 to 1937
We must reason in natural philosophy not from what we hope or even expect but from what we perceive. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Benoît Fourneyron (1802–1867) France – water turbine.
Charles Dow (1851–1902) USA – Dow Jones Industrial Average.
James McLurkin (born 1972) USA – Ant robotics (robotics).
Ladislas Starevich (1882–1965) Russia/France – puppet animation live-action/animated film.
Esther Takeuchi (born 1953) - holds more than 150 US-patents the largest number for any woman in the United States.
S. Scott Crump (inv. c. 1989) USA – a.o. Fused deposition modeling.
Mikhail Tikhonravov (1900–1974) Russia – co-developer of Sputnik 1 (the first artificial satellite) together with Korolyov and Keldysh designer of further Sputniks.
Josef Ressel (1793–1857) Czechoslovakia – ship propeller.
Seiichi Miyake (inv. 1965) Japan – Tactile paving.
Charles K. Bliss (1897–1985) Austro-Hungary/Australia – Blissymbols.
Andrei Sychra (c.1773/76–1850) Lithuania/Russia Czech descent – Russian seven-string guitar.
John Goffe Rand (1801–1873) USA – Tube (container).
Paul Walden (1863–1957) Latvia/Russia/Germany – Walden inversion Ethylammonium nitrate (the first room temperature ionic liquid).
Vladimir Shukhov (1853–1939) Russia – thermal cracking (Shukhov cracking process) thin-shell structure tensile structure hyperboloid structure gridshell modern oil pipeline cylindric oil depot.
Louis Braille (1809–1852) France – Braille writing system Braille musical notation.
Salvino D'Armate (1258–1312) Italy – credited for inventing eyeglasses in 1284.
Leonty Shamshurenkov (1687–1758) Russia – first self-propelling carriage (a precursor to both bicycle and automobile) projects of an original odometer and self-propelling sledge.
Tim Berners-Lee (born 1955) UK – with Robert Cailliau the World Wide Web.
Cornelis Corneliszoon (1550–1607) The Netherlands – sawmill.
Robert Hooke (1635–1703) UK – balance wheel iris diaphragm acoustic telephone.
Botany consists in the gathering of plants and the dismembering of them in connection with the use of a complicated terminology. That is the beginning and end of botany as it is understood by the majority. ~ Herbert Maule Richards 1871 to 1928 - Botanist
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
Things are as they are because they were as they were. - Thomas Gold 1920 to present Astrophysicist
The ultimate truths of mathematics then cannot be established by any experimental proof that the deductions from them are true; since the supposed experimental proof takes them for granted. ~ Herbert Spencer 1885 – 1977 - Philospher
Why the dinosaurs died out is not known but it is supposed to be because they had minute brains and devoted themselves to the growth of weapons of offense in the shape of numerous horns. ~ Bertrand Russell 1872 – 1970 - Mathematician and Philosopher
We are storytelling animals and cannot bear to acknowledge the ordinariness of our daily lives. - Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 Paleontologist
- Main Function:G18 is merely gsm alarm system,G183 update version work with 3G gsm sim card DIY home security alarm system,which can either work in standalone mode without sim card or a standard size sim card(not micro and nano) to call/text up to 6 phone numbers via cellular network,AT&T,T-mobile sim card recommend.As 2G will be no longer available in the USA in 2019,AT&T has already shut off 2G service in 2017.3G alarm system more reliable than the wifi one in case of the internet failure.
- APP Control burglar system:First download app(search "G18 alarm system" at google or iphone app store) free and register an account,insert a sim card to alarm keypad,remote control the security system by text in APP on your smartphone from anywhere at anytime.PIR motion sensor detect any suspicious movement or activity,Door/window sensor detect any forceful break-in.When detectors are triggered,the alarm host will receive the alarm alert meantime call your phone,disarm it by app/sms/call
- Brief Description:This is an indoor basic security alarm system kit complete with fully programmable main unit and sensors,can be used directly after unplugging insulation sheet to protect home,office,shop apartment,business;DIY supportable 99 wireless zones up to 150 remote key fobs and 150 sensors,add more sensors as detailed need such as gas detector,water leaking sensor to provide all-around reliable protection.Additional Sensors can be find in our shop or we can customize the kits for you.
- Humanized Design: Easy operation with TFT color touch screen,voice prompt design during setting;Built in 3.7V 800mAh rechargeable lithium battery that can last about 6-8 hours with full power, it will change to use battery to work in the case of power failure, just make sure that switch is on. Other useable features such as arming delay, keypad lock, timing arming etc.
- Customer Service: 12-month warranty, professional technical support and friendly responsive customer service within 24 hours. If you have any questions, welcome to contact us via amazon emails or seach "KERUI G183 security alarm system introduction" on youtube.
- ALL-IN-ONE HOME AUTOMATION: Make your house a smart home in minutes, one room at a time. Simply replace your Dual Switch (double gang) light switch with NuBryte Touchpoint. Connect & Protect, from any NuBryte console, or remotely via Nubryte APP.
- HOME SECURITY: Detract and deter with 100 decibel siren and flashing overhead lights. Instant video alerts to your phone when triggered (with NuBryte APP). Built-in wide-angle camera and advanced motion detection up to 30'. No Contracts/Monthly Fees.
- SMART LIGHTING: Touch-Free light control, and 5 easy-to-use lighting automation and digital dimming modes. Motion-based on/off, Morning Wake Up, Bedtime dimmer, Night light and Vacation lights. Works with standard dimmable bulbs.
- INTERCOM: Combine 2 or more Touchpoint consoles for an instant home intercom system. (WiFi)
- FAMILY HUB: Indoor/Outdoor Temperature & Humidity, 5-Day Weather Forecast, Calendar, Notifications and Event Alerts, Energy Monitoring, and more! Now, with Amazon Alexa voice control with Echo, Dot, and Tap!
- Updated 2015 Model with Newest Firmware and Software
- Wifi Connectivity for Remote and Monitoring Options (Requires Monthly Fee)
- Zwave ready for Control of Lights, Door locks, Thermostats and Garage Doors
- Award Winning Technology and Design
- Includes: (3) 5816 Door/Window Transmitters, (1) 5834-4 Four-Button Wireless Keyfob (1) 5800 Pir-Res Wireless Motion Detector (1) Wifi Module (1) Zwave Module (1) 4gl GSM Cellular module