Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. - Joseph Mellor 1869 to 1938 Chemist
We cannot define anything precisely! If we attempt to we get into that paralysis of thought that comes to philosophers who sit opposite each other one saying to the other ‘You don’t know what you are talking about!’ The second one says ‘What do you mean by know? What do you mean by talking? What do you mean by you?’ and so on. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
Raul Cuero (born 1948) Buenaventura Colombia see Inventions and patents list.
Christopher Cockerell (1910–1999) UK – Hovercraft.
Charles F. Brannock (1903–1992) USA – Brannock Device (shoe size).
Petrache Poenaru (1799–1875) Romania – fountain pen.
Leonard Rivkin (inv. 1962) USA – Child safety seat.
Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea together with Simon Sze (1936–) Taiwan/USA – Floating-gate MOSFET.
Ralph H. Baer (1922-December 6 2014) German born American – video game console.
Pavel Schilling (1786–1837) Estonia/Russia – first electromagnetic telegraph mine with an electric fuse.
Muhammad ibn Jābir al-Harrānī al-Battānī (Albatenius) (853-929) Syria/Turkey – observation tube.
Trevor Baylis (born 1937) UK – a wind-up radio.
Octave Chanute (1832–1910) US – Civil Engineer.
Édouard Branly (1844–1940) France – the coherer the first widely used detector for radio communication..
Sir William Siemens (1823–1883) Germany – regenerative furnace.
Aeneas Coffey (1780–1852) Ireland – heat exchanger Coffey still.
Paul C. Fisher (1913–2006) USA – Space Pen.
Carl Roman Abt (1850–1933) Switzerland – Abt rack railway system.
Eric Tigerstedt (1887–1925) Finland – Sound-on-film triode vacuum tube.
Hasan al-Rammah (fl.1270s) Syria – rocket-propelled torpedo.
Michael Smith (1932–2000) USA – Site-directed mutagenesis (molecular biology).
Friedrich Soennecken (1848–1919) Germany – Ring binder Hole punch.
Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
The time however has arrived when biology must like the other sciences make a fresh start in a purely speculative direction free from all entanglement with medical or any other art. ~ Auguste Compte 1798 to 1857 - Philosopher of Science
Mathematics is the language in which the gods speak to people. ~ Plato c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC - Mathematician and Philosopher
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
We think there is color we think there is sweet we think there is bitter but in reality there are atoms and a void. ~ Democritus c. 460 – c. 370 BC
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Archimedes’ finding that the crown was of gold was a discovery; but he invented the method of determining the density of solids. Indeed discoverers must generally be inventors; though inventors are not necessarily discoverers. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more