The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
There may be babblers wholly ignorant of mathematics who dare to condemn my hypothesis upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not and scorn their unfounded judgment. ~ Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 – 1543 Mathematician and Astronomer
Eric Tigerstedt (1887–1925) Finland – Sound-on-film triode vacuum tube.
Niklaus Wirth (born 1934) Switzerland – Pascal (programming language).
Robert Swanson (1905–1994) Canada – Invented and developed the first multi-chime air horn for use with diesel locomotives.
Karl-Hermann Geib (1908–1949) Germany / USSR – Girdler sulfide process.
Nikolay Basov (1922–2001) Russia – co-inventor of laser and maser.
Sergei Winogradsky (1856–1953) Russia / USSR – Winogradsky column for culturing microorganisms.
John "Jack" Higson Cover Jr. (1920–2009) USA – Taser.
Alexander Lodygin (1847–1923) Russia – electrical filament incandescent light bulb with tungsten filament.
George Ballas (1925–2011) USA – String trimmer.
C. Kumar N. Patel (1938–) India/USA – Carbon dioxide laser.
Charles Algernon Parsons (1854–1931) British – steam turbine.
Gail Borden (1801–1874) USA – a.o. Condensed milk produced by vacuum.
Akinfiy Demidov (1678–1745) Russia – co-developer of rebar cast iron dome lightning rod (all found in the Leaning Tower of Nevyansk).
Paul Winchell (1922–2005) USA – the artificial heart.
Oleg Antonov (1906–1984) Russia – An-series aircraft including A-40 winged tank and An-124 (the largest serial cargo later modified to world's largest fixed-wing aircraft An-225).
Arnold O. Beckman (1900–2004) USA – electric pH meter.
William Saville-Kent (1845–1908) UK/Australia – Pearl culture see also Mikimoto Kōkichi.
Robert Moog (1934–2005) USA – the Moog synthesizer.
Elmer R. Gates (1859–1923) USA – foam fire extinguisher electric loom mechanisms magnetic & diamagnetic separators educational toy ("box & blocks")*.
Charles Macintosh (1766–1843) Scotland – waterproof raincoat life vest.
Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
Chemists do not usually stutter. It would be very awkward if they did seeing that they have at times to get out such words as methylethylamylophenylium. ~ Sir William Crookes - 1832 to 1919
Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. ~ Thomas Thomson - 1773 to 1852
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his arm to the action of radium for several hours. This resulted in damage resembling a burn that developed progressively and required several months to heal. Henri Becquerel had by accident a similar burn as a result of carrying in his vest pocket a glass tube containing radium salt. He came to tell us of this evil effect of radium exclaiming in a manner at once delighted and annoyed: “I love it but I owe it a grudge.” ~ Marie Curie 1867 to 1934
In its efforts to learn as much as possible about nature modern physics has found that certain things can never be “known” with certainty. Much of our knowledge must always remain uncertain. The most we can know is in terms of probabilities. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
- On demand access - access 720p HD live video at any time from your smartphone or the web, with built-in night vision.
- Personalized voice message - a recorded message will play when you can't answer the door.If the lights are solid blue, please type + , choose Wireless Device instead of Zink to find the doorbell.
- Answer the door wherever you are - see and speak to visitors directly from your smartphone.If all the lights are flashing green, please check your smartphone and make sure it is connected to a 2.4Ghz wifi network. If your router is a dual band router, meaning it supports both 5.0Ghz and 2.4Ghz networks, be sure the SSID (network name) is different for each. You will need your mobile device to be connected to the 2.4Ghz during setup. Passwords and SSID names must be a minimum of 6 characters.
- Smart motion detection - receive an alert and a recorded video clip whenever motion is detected.
- Easy setup - use existing wiring for quick installation and connect to WiFi using the free Zmodo app. Use Beam to easily set up Greet. With Beam Connect, setup is as simple as telling the app how many devices are powered on and ready to pair. If your router supports AC, you will need to disable that during the setup. In your router, you may need to take it out of mixed mode, or put it into legacy mode.
- See, hear and speak to anyone at your door from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Get instant alerts when visitors press your Doorbell or trigger the built-in motion sensors.
- Watch over your home in crystal-clear HD video.
- Protect your home - day or night - with infrared night vision.
- Communicate with visitors via two-way audio with noise cancellation.
- WIFI signal,the whole network interconnection. Remote calling, intercom, and unlock. Using most popular touch key technology, advanced and high Sensitivity, greatly extend the key life. Clear camera, and equipped with automatic light sensitive chip. If the light is not enough, it will use the IR night vision function to monitor and capture HD video and pictures.
- Motion detection function. You can open or close this function according to different working environments. Capture and video mode for choosing. Powered by DC 5V, more safe.
- Simple app operation in mobile phone, easy installation. support anrdoid and ios app APP download address remind: please search " door phone" for apple store(for ios app) and for google player(for android app).
- High-strength tempered glass surface, luxury, anti-resistant and scratches, has longer working life. With rain cover and touch key surface, better waterproof function.
- Easy to install. You can fix it with screws, or paste with double-sided tape. One door phone can be connected to several mobile phone, PC, or computers. Optional indoor dingdong doorbells to match. While calling to the mobile phone, the indoor doorbell will ring too.