I accept no principles of physics which are not also accepted in mathematics. ~ René Descartes 1596 to 1650
In practical applications we are concerned only with comparatively small numbers; only stellar astronomy and atomic physics deal with ‘large’ numbers and they have very little more practical importance as yet than the most abstract pure mathematics. ~ G. H. Hardy 1877 – 1947 - Mathematician
James Gregory (1638–1675) Scotland – Gregorian telescope.
Aurel Stodola (1859–1942) Slovakia – gas turbines.
Corradino D'Ascanio (1891–1981) Italy – D'AT3 helicopter; Vespa scooter.
Ronald Price Hickman (1932–2011) USA - designed the original Lotus Elan the Lotus Elan +2 and the Lotus Europa as well as the Black & Decker Workmate.
Augustin-Jean Fresnel (1788–1827) France – Fresnel lens.
George de Bothezat (1882–1940) Russia/USA – quadrotor helicopter (The Flying Octopus).
George Ballas (1925–2011) USA – String trimmer.
Lee DeForest (1873–1961) USA – a.o. Phonofilm triode directional antenna wireless telegraphy.
Thomas J. Fogarty (born 1934) USA – Embolectomy catheter (medicine).
Yi Xing (683–727) China – astronomical clock.
Mordecai Meirowitz (born c. 1925) Roumania / Israel – Mastermind (board game).
Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790) USA – the pointed lightning rod conductor bifocal glasses the Franklin stove the glass harmonica.
Mario Ramberg Capecchi (born 1937) together with Sir Martin John Evans (born 1941) and Oliver Smithies (born 1925) USA – Knockout mouse Gene targeting.
Shintaro Uda (1869–1976) together with Hidetsugu Yagi (1886–1976) Japan – Yagi-Uda antenna.
S. Scott Crump (inv. c. 1989) USA – a.o. Fused deposition modeling.
Kazuo Hashimoto (died 1995) Japan – a.o. Caller-ID answering machine.
Giovanni Luppis or Ivan Vukić (1813–1875) Austrian Empire (ethnical Croatian from Rijeka) – self-propelled torpedo.
John G. Kemeny (1926–1992) together with Thomas E. Kurtz (1928–) Hungary/USA – BASIC (programming language).
Rudolf Diesel (1858–1913) Germany – Diesel engine.
Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor (born 1972) Malaysia – cell growth in outer space crystallization of proteins and microbes in space.
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. - Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC Scientist Philosopher
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Simple laws can very well describe complex structures. The miracle is not the complexity of our world but the simplicity of the equations describing that complexity. ~ Sander Bais b. 1945 - Theoretical Physicist
A cylinder of air reaching to the top of the atmosphere is of equal weight with a cylinder of water about 33 feet high. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.