Some 5 500 WW2 bombs are discovered in Germany every year and defused an average of 15 per day.
Spiders are scared of ants due to the formic acid they contain.
Astronauts aboard the ISS change clothes near a filter that sucks up the skin particles that would otherwise float around.
Neptune was mathematically predicted before it was directly observed based on the orbit of Uranus.
Contrary to popular belief suicide rates during the Christmas holiday are low. The highest rates are during the spring.
The World Trade Center's most famous survivor and president of its support group Tania Head was later found to be a fraud: she wasn't even in NYC on 9/11.
The paint on the Eiffel Tower weighs as much as 10 elephants.
When the D-Day forces landed Hitler was asleep. None of his generals dared send re-enforcements without his permission and no-one dared wake him.
Gasoline is complex as it can contain between 150 and 1 000 different chemical compounds.
The oldest house in the UK is nearly 6000 years old and has stone furniture that is still intact.
The youngest recorded suicide at the Golden Gate Bridge was a 5-year-old girl called Marilyn Demont.
Steve Jobs was adopted. His biological father was Abdulfattah Jandali a Syrian Muslim.
You are more likely to die in the taxi cab on the way to and from the airport than on the flight itself.
Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
The weird offspring of a donkey and a zebra is called a "zonkey."
Nutella was invented during WW2 when an Italian pastry maker mixed hazelnuts into chocolate to extend his cocoa supply.
The house fly hums in the middle octave key of F.
A full moon is nine times brighter than a half moon.
The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
In 2010 a Canadian man rescued a newborn baby from a dumpster only to find out he was the father.
The Youngest Girl to ever be divorced was 10 years old.
A baby is born on its predicted due date just 4% of the time.
Because of the rotation of the earth an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.
The first Russian child to receive the vaccine against smallpox was called "Vaccinov " given a pension and observed all his life.
Marilyn Monroe was Jewish: she converted for her husband Arthur Miller.
Australia has over 10 000 beaches. You could visit a new beach every day for over 27 years.
Frank Sinatra's mother ran an illegal abortion business from her home.
The average temperature in Mars is -81°F (-63°C).
China has the most goats in the world, they have over 170 Million.
Farts have been clocked at a speed of 10 feet per second (7 mph).
A man is 35% more likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer than a woman is to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
Tigers are the only predators known to regularly prey on adult bears.
There's a toilet-themed restaurant in Taiwan where food is served on miniature toilets.
Musicians have the same life expectancy as Zimbabweans: the lowest on earth.
If you yelled for 8 years 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough energy to heat one cup of coffee.
Lesotho in Africa is the only country on Earth to lie completely above 1000 meters in elevation.
In Venice Italy all gondolas are required to be painted in black by law.
Iran's largest airport had a Star of David embedded into its roof for 30 years until it was discovered through Google Earth.
Starfish have no brains.
The population of Germany is in decline. It has fallen by 2 million in the last decade.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)