Still I had a lurking question. Would it not be better if one could really ‘see’ whether molecules as complicated as the sterols or strychnine were just as experiment suggested? ~ Dorothy Hodgkin - 1910 to 1984
Dr. Ikemoto repeatedly told me that we should not perform research that simply reproduced somebody else’s results. Rather we should do something unique and new. ~ Shinya Yamanaka 1962 to Present - Stem Cell Biologist
Alexander Graham Bell (1847–1922) UK Canada and USA – telephone.
Heinrich Göbel (1818–1893) Germany – incandescent lamp.
John Goffe Rand (1801–1873) USA – Tube (container).
William Howard Livens (1889–1964) UK – chemical warfare – Livens Projector.
Fritz Pfleumer (1881–1945) Germany – magnetic tape.
Frank Whittle (1907–1996) UK – co-inventor of the jet engine.
George de Hevesy (1885–1966) Hungary – radioactive tracer.
Humphry Davy (1778–1829) UK – Davy miners lamp.
Robert Metcalfe (born 1946) USA – Ethernet.
John Heysham Gibbon (1903–1973) USA – Heart-lung machine.
Al-Kindi (Alkindus) (801–873) Iraq/Yemen – ethanol pure distilled alcohol cryptanalysis frequency analysis.
Michael Grätzel (born 1944) Germany/Switzerland– a.o. Dye-sensitized solar cell.
Guido van Rossum (born 1956) The Netherlands – Python (programming language).
Charles Thomson Rees Wilson (1869–1959) UK – Cloud chamber.
David Chaum (born 1955) USA – a.o. Digital signatures ecash.
Adolphe Sax (1814–1894) Belgium – saxophone.
Rudolf Diesel (1858–1913) Germany – Diesel engine.
Ivan Fyodorov (c. 1510–1583) Russia/Poland–Lithuania – invented multibarreled mortar introduced printing in Russia.
Gerolamo Cardano (1501–1576) Italy – a.o. Cardan grille (cryptography).
John Thompson Dorrance (1873–1930) USA – Condensed soup.
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
A detective with his murder mystery a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions surmises fancies they stumble upon the right explanation and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach. ~ Gilbert Lewis 1875 – 1946
All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.