C.S. Lewis reviewed The Hobbit in 1937 saying, ” The Hobbit may well prove a classic.”
In Saving Private Ryan, all of the main cast were given basic military training except Matt Damon, in the hope that the cast would build a resentment towards him necessary for the role.
Executive producer of Toy Story and Chief Pixar shareholder Steve Jobs picked Bob Dylan as his first choice to write and perform the soundtrack to the film over Randy Newman.
Pocahontas originally had a talking turkey character named Redfeather. He was going to be voiced by John Candy, and was scrapped after John Candy’s death.
Before Stanley Kubrick came on-board for A Clockwork Orange writer Anthony Burgess considered selling the movie rights to Mick Jagger with the intention of Jagger playing Alex and the rest of the Stones playing the other Droogs. Keef with eyeliner? Don't be silly.
While Cameron Crowe returns the favour in Minority Report wearing a newspaper. Or hiding behind one. Delete where applicable.
Francis Ford Coppola would read passages of Heart of Darkness to Marlon Brando on the fractious set of Apocalypse Now after learning the actor had never read the source material.
After watching Star Wars James Cameron decided to quit his job as a truck driver to enter the film industry.
The Disney songwriter Robert Sherman, who helped write “It’s a Small World After All” and the Mary Poppins soundtrack, was one of the officers who led the first American troops into Dachau during World War II.
William Goldman’s original script title for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was The Sundance Kid and Butch Cassidy. The names were reversed when Paul Newman took on the role of Butch
Showgirls still holds the record for most Razzie (anti-Oscars) nominations with 13. Paul Verhoeven was the first director to collect the award for Worst Picture in person.
Fantasia (1940) was originally a short called The Sorcerers Apprentice, but Walt Disney overspent on the score and decided to make it feature length film rather than waste money.
Yoda from Star Wars was modeled after the appearance of Albert Einstein.
Jennifer Lopez was the first actress to have a movie and an album hit number one in the same week.
The dinosaur noises in the "Jurassic Park" movie were made from recordings of tortoise sex.
Jared Leto spent most of his early childhood travelling with his family across America.
William Goldman's original script title for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was The Sundance Kid and Butch Cassidy. The names were reversed when Paul Newman took on the role of Butch.
Jackie Chan provided the speaking and singing voice for Beast in the Chinese version of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
Willow Smith’s musical debut is 8 years earlier than her Dad’s, making her the youngest debuting superstar in her family.
Over 500 girls have been named Hermione since the first 'Harry Potter' movie came out.
David Patrick Kelly’s infamous “Warriors, come out to play” line in The Warriors (1979) was completely improvised.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)