The first use of animatronics was the robin that whistles a duet with Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins. A series of wires going up her dress were used to animate the bird. Its movements were so realistic that critics were baffled as to how it worked exactly.
Francis Ford Coppola would read passages of Heart of Darkness to Marlon Brando on the fractious set of Apocalypse Now after learning the actor had never read the source material.
"Apollo 13" "Armageddon" and "Around the World in 80 Days" are among the movies NASA keeps aboard the International Space Station.
While Pixar was working on Toy Story 2, an employee accidentally ran a Unix command that deleted all the work they had done on the film. Luckily, one pregnant animator had a copy of the data on her home computer so she could work on the movie while caring for her new baby.
101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are among the only animated Disney films where both parents are present and don’t die during the course of the movie.
Steven Spielberg completed his degree course 33 years after dropping out by submitting Schindler's List as his final project.
Yoda from Star Wars was modeled after the appearance of Albert Einstein.
Time Travel depictions in films and TV are banned in China.
Stanley Kubrick would reportedly call Stephen King at 3am to ask him questions about The Shining. According to King, one famous exchange had the director ask the author, “Do you believe in God?”. When he replied in the affirmative Kubrick yelled “I knew it!” and slammed the phone down.
When filming My Left Foot, Daniel Day-Lewis had to be lifted around the set and spoon fed as he would never leave his wheelchair.
The names of the main characters in Frozen sound out the name of the author of the original story the movie is based on. Hans, Kristoff, Anna, Sven = Hans Christian Andersen.
Chuck Norris’ first name is actually Carlos.
Porn star Ron Jeremy can clearly be seen watching the events come to a climax (sorry) in the finale to Ghostbusters.
The iconic body and hand in the poster for American Beauty belong to actress/model Chloe Hunter, not Mena Suvari.
The voice actress behind Lilo in Lilo & Stitch, Daveigh Chase, also played Samara in The Ring.
Finding Nemo harmed clownfish populations after people started buying tons of pet clownfish after seeing the movie.
Sleeping Beauty was a huge flop in 1959, resulting in massive layoffs at Disney. It was the last Disney princess movie until The Little Mermaid came out 30 years later.
In Iron Man/Avengers, J.A.R.V.I.S is an acronym for “Just A Rather Very Intelligent System.”
The director of Cannibal Holocaust had to prove in court that the actors were still alive and didn’t get killed during the movie
Miley Cyrus first tried out for Hannah Montana at the age of 11. She was denied due to her age.
Heath Ledger almost broke Jake Gyllenhaal’s nose by grabbing his head and kissing him too hard in Brokeback Mountain.
- Introducing the world's first smart, microwave-to-erase-and-reuse notebook
- Download the Rocketbook app for android or iOS
- Blast your notes to Google docs, Dropbox, iCloud, Evernote, Box and email
- Pop your Rocketbook wave in the microwave to erase and reuse your notebook up to 5 times
- Reusable pages wipe clean with a damp cloth
- No more wasting paper - this environmentally-friendly notebook can be used endlessly
- Blast your notes to Google drive, Dropbox, Evernote, box, OneNote, slack, iCloud and email
- Works with pens, markers and highlighters from the Pilot Frixion line
- 36 pages; Pilot Frixion pen included
- A notebook Designed for all your business and Professional notes-easily add reminders and share only what is relevant to others in a meeting or at an event^Large - 5 inches x 8.25 inches (12.7 cm x 21 cm)^Hard cover