Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. - Joseph Mellor 1869 to 1938 Chemist
A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it. - Justus von Liebig 1803 to 1873 Chemist
Otto Lilienthal (1848–1896) Germany – hang glider.
Bernard Tellegen (1900–1990) Netherlands – pentode.
Ed Seymour (inv. c. 1949) USA – Aerosol paint.
Shen Kuo (1031–1095) China – improved gnomon armillary sphere clepsydra and sighting tube.
Adolph Rickenbacker (1886–1976) Switzerland – Electric guitar.
Su Song (1020–1101) China – first chain drive.
Hasan al-Rammah (fl.1270s) Syria – rocket-propelled torpedo.
Christopher Cockerell (1910–1999) UK – Hovercraft.
Samuel Morey (1762–1843) USA – internal combustion engine.
Andrey Chokhov (c. 1545–1629) Russia – Tsar Cannon.
Vasily Andreyev (1861–1918) Russia – standard balalaika.
William Painter (1838–1906) UK/USA – a.o. Crown cork Bottle opener.
Charles H. Henry (born 1937) USA – Quantum well laser.
Abi Bakr of Isfahan (c. 1235) Persia/Iran – mechanical geared astrolabe with lunisolar calendar.
Jacob Christoph Le Blon (1667–1741) Germany/UK – three and four color Color printing.
Semyon Lavochkin (1900–1960) Russia – La-series aircraft first operational surface-to-air missile S-25 Berkut.
Max Bielschowsky (1869–1940) Germany – Bielschowsky stain (histology).
Lin Yutang (1895–1976) China/USA – Chinese language typewriter.
Neil Arnott (1788–1874) UK – waterbed.
Hanaoka Seishū (1760–1835) Japan – General anaesthetic.
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
In practical applications we are concerned only with comparatively small numbers; only stellar astronomy and atomic physics deal with ‘large’ numbers and they have very little more practical importance as yet than the most abstract pure mathematics. ~ G. H. Hardy 1877 – 1947 - Mathematician
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
Still I had a lurking question. Would it not be better if one could really ‘see’ whether molecules as complicated as the sterols or strychnine were just as experiment suggested? ~ Dorothy Hodgkin - 1910 to 1984
The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication. ~ James Watson 1928 – Present - Geneticist
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.