20 million 20-year-old trees are cut down in China every year to make chopsticks.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange appeared on an episode of The Simpsons. He recorded his lines over the phone from the Ecuadorian embassy in Britain where he has been granted asylum.
There is no record of a human being attacked by a healthy wolf.
Sweden banned spanking and other corporal punishments of children in 1979.
Karoke means empty orchestra in Japanese.
25 million Bibles were printed in 2011 compared to 208 million IKEA catalogs.
svangerskabsforebyggende middel is a Danish word for "condom."
Cats have 32 muscles that control the outer ear while humans have only 6.
By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back you cannot sink into quicksand.
“Rhythm” is the longest English word without a vowel.
Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
All blue eyed people can be traced back to one person who lived near the Black Sea almost 10 000 years ago.
In Alaska it is illegal to shoot at a moose from the window of an airplane or other flying vehicle.
Yucatan Mexico was named after a misunderstanding. Spaniards asked the locals what was the place called. They replied "Yucatan " which in their language means "I don't understand you."
A two-bit moon is in its first quarter.
In the UK nearly 1 in 10 couples are ethnically mixed.
Negative emotions such as anxiety and depression can weaken your immune system.
The "Doggone Project" in Germany works recycling deceased pets into fertilizer.
Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
In Japan there's a 'Crying Sumo' contest where wrestlers compete to see who can make a baby bawl first.
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
There's a laser procedure to change one's eye color from brown to blue as blue eyes exist under all brown eyes.
The dark side of the Moon is actually turquoise.
In a lifetime the average human produces enough quarts of spit to fill 2 swimming pools.
55% of Americans think they are smarter than the average American.
Global warming could drive to extinction as many as 1 in 6 animal and plant species.
We share 70% of our DNA with a slug.
If a frog’s mouth is held open for too long the frog will suffocate.
A housefly will regurgitate its food and eat it again.
A full-grown bear can run as fast as a horse.
The Bermuda Triangle has as many ship and plane disappearances as any other region of the ocean.
In 2011 two men paraglided from the summit of Mount Everest arriving at a village in 42 minutes and avoiding the dangerous conventional 3-day descent.
A rare Apple-1 computer built in Steve Jobs' garage in the summer of 1976 was sold at an auction in 2014 for US$905 000.
150people punished with the death penalty were later exonerated by the U.S.
In 1891 London built a structure designed to surpass the Eiffel Tower in height. It was unsteady never completed and demolished in 1907.
In 2005 a Nepalese couple became the first to marry on top of Mount Everest.
About 2 000 pandas are found in the wild.
Dogs have lived with humans for over 14,000 years.
Goats were the first animals to be used for milk by humans.
Everything you say to Siri is sent to Apple analyzed and stored.
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more