In the Arctic the sun sometimes appears to be square.
The average American eats 25 pounds (11.3 KG) of candy each year.
Your ribs move about 5 million times a year every time you breathe!
Women live longer than men partly because their immune systems age more slowly.
There's no physical description of Jesus in the Bible.
The first magazine ever seen was launched in 1663 in Germany.
In 1999 the founders of Google actually tried to sell it to Excite for just US$1 million. Excite turned them down.
During the Holocaust Jewish boxer Salamo Arouch was imprisoned at Auschwitz. He was forced to fight fellow prisoners; the losers were sent to the gas chambers or shot. He survived over 2 years and 200 fights until the camp was liberated.
Beethoven dipped his head in cold water before he composed.
Each foot contains about 250 000 sweat glands.
6%of the world's population has an Internet addiction.
Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food!
John F. Kennedy had he lived would have inherited a fortune from his father estimated at US$1 billion in today's dollars adjusted for inflation.
There is a species of fungus called "Chorioactis" that only exists in Texas and rural Japan and is thought to have been in both places for 19 million years.
Chevrolet tried marketing a Chevrolet Nova in Spanish speaking countries – it didn’t sell well because NOVA means “doesn’t go” in Spanish.
Bill Gates'SAT score was 1590 out of 1600.
A nanometre is about as much as your nails grows every second.
Back in 1924, a monkey was convicted in South Bend of the crime of smoking a cigarette and sentenced to pay a 25 dollar fine!
Nearly 13 000 Native Americans fought during World War I despite not having a U.S. citizenship.
A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
Spain has two major exclaves Ceuta and Melilla in mainland Africa.
The bat is the only mammal that can fly.
Every tweet Americans send is being archived by the Library of Congress.
A woman in Egypt disguised herself as a man for 43 years in order to make a living for her daughter.
The Nazis tried to teach dogs to talk and read.
During WW1 New Zealand raised an army of 100 000 men about 10% of its population.
1 In 4 Americans thinks the Sun goes around the Earth.
Goats do not have teeth in their upper front jaw.
Even a small amount of alcohol placed on a scorpion will make it go crazy and sting itself to death!
A day on Venus is longer than its year.
The world's oldest existing lighthouse is the Tower of Hercules in Spain erected in the first century and still operational.
Scientists believe cats are afraid of water because their ancestors lived in an area with very few large bodies of water and never had to learn how to swim.
The boomslang snake's venom causes you to bleed from all holes of your body.
The height of the Eiffel Tower varies by 5.9 inches (15 cm) due to temperature changes.
There are more types of insects in one tropical rain forest tree than there are in the entire state of Vermont.
Redheads are more likely to develop melanoma (skin cancer) than people with other hair colors.
8.6 million people in the U.S. live with a serious illness caused by smoking.
Two F16 pilots went on a suicide mission to stop Flight 93 on 9/11. In the end the flight's passengers took the plane down.
The Simpsons hold the Guinness Record for Longest Running Prime time Animated Television Series and Most Guest Stars Featured in a Television Series.
Residents of New York City can get free condoms and lube by calling 311.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products