The time however has arrived when biology must like the other sciences make a fresh start in a purely speculative direction free from all entanglement with medical or any other art. ~ Auguste Compte 1798 to 1857 - Philosopher of Science
Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan 1934 to 1996 Astronomer
Camillo Golgi (1843–1926) Italy – Golgi's method (histology).
Thomas J. Fogarty (born 1934) USA – Embolectomy catheter (medicine).
Emmett Chapman (1936–) US – Chapman Stick.
Léon Theremin (1896–1993) Russia – theremin interlace burglar alarm terpsitone Rhythmicon (first drum machine) The Thing (listening device).
Gerd Binnig (born 1947) together with Heinrich Rohrer (1933–2013) Germany/Switzerland – Scanning tunneling microscope.
George Stephenson (1781–1848) UK – steam railway.
Norman Joseph Woodland (1921–2012) together with Bernard Silver (1924–1963) USA – Barcode.
Ole Kirk Christiansen (1891–1958) Denmark – creator of LEGO.
Claude Chappe (1763–1805) France – Semaphore line.
Giacomo da Lentini (13th Century) Italy – Sonnet.
Abu-Mahmud al-Khujandi (c. 940–1000) Persia/Iran – astronomical sextant.
Richard Trevithick (1771–1833) UK – high-pressure steam engine first full-scale steam locomotive.
Robert Feulgen (1884–1955) Germany – Feulgen stain (histology).
Kees A. Schouhamer Immink (1946–) Netherlands – Major contributor to development of Compact Disc.
Grace Murray Hopper (1906–1992) USA – Compiler.
Ivan Kulibin (1735–1818) Russia – egg-shaped clock candle searchlight elevator using screw mechanisms a self-rolling carriage featuring a flywheel brake gear box and bearing an early optical telegraph.
Vera Mukhina (1889–1953) Russia – welded sculpture.
Samuel Morey (1762–1843) USA – internal combustion engine.
Richard Cannon (born 1954) USA – Electrical panel lockout.
Petro Prokopovych (1775–1850) Ukraine/Russia – early beehive frame queen excluder and other beekeeping novelties.
Science is vastly more stimulating to the imagination than the classics. - J. B. S. Haldane 1892 to 1964 Biologist
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
All of physics is either impossible or trivial. It is impossible until you understand it and then it becomes trivial. ~ Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
If your experiment needs statistics you ought to have done a better experiment. - Ernest Rutherford 1871 to 1937 Physicist
Nearly 2.5 billion years of prokaryotic cells and nothing else – two-thirds of life’s history in stasis at the lowest level of recorded complexity… Why did life remain at stage 1 for two-thirds of its history if complexity offers such benefits? ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.