Dr. Ikemoto repeatedly told me that we should not perform research that simply reproduced somebody else’s results. Rather we should do something unique and new. ~ Shinya Yamanaka 1962 to Present - Stem Cell Biologist
In our work we are always between Scylla and Charybdis; we may fail to abstract enough and miss important physics or we may abstract too much and end up with fictitious objects in our models turning into real monsters that devour us. ~ Murray Gell-Mann b. 1929
Ching W. Tang (born 1947) Hong Kong/USA together with Steven Van Slyke USA – OLED.
Marion O'Brien Donovan (1917–1998) USA – Waterproof diaper.
Leonard Bocour (1910–1993) together with Sam Golden (1915–1997) USA – Acrylic paint.
David Boggs (born 1950) USA – Ethernet.
Jacques Cousteau (1910–1997) France – co-inventor of the aqualung and the Nikonos underwater camera.
Jimmy Hotz (born 1953) USA – Hotz MIDI Translator Atari Hotz Box.
Bhargav Sri Prakash (born 1977) India/USA - Learnification platform at FriendsLearn Virtual Reality System electromagnetic collision avoidance system OBD based in-vehicle powertrain performance measurement rate based driver controls for drive by wire systems.
Sergey Brin (born 1973) Russia/USA – with Larry Page invented Google web search engine.
Baltzar von Platen (1898–1984) Sweden – gas absorption refrigerator.
Enrico Fermi (1901–1954) Italy – nuclear reactor.
William Crookes (1832–1919) UK – Crookes radiometer Crookes tube.
Ray Dolby (1933–2013) USA – Dolby noise-reduction system.
George William Manby (1765–1854) UK – Fire extinguisher.
Charles F. Brush (1849–1929) USA – a.o. Brush dynamo.
Boris Grabovsky (1901–1966) Russia – cathode commutator an early electronic TV pickup tube.
Nils Bohlin (1920–2002) Sweden – the three-point seat belt.
Esther Takeuchi (born 1953) - holds more than 150 US-patents the largest number for any woman in the United States.
Humberto Fernández Morán (1924–1999) Venezuela – Diamond scalpel Ultra microtome.
Sergei Lebedev (1874–1934) Russia – commercially viable synthetic rubber.
Vladimir Shukhov (1853–1939) Russia – thermal cracking (Shukhov cracking process) thin-shell structure tensile structure hyperboloid structure gridshell modern oil pipeline cylindric oil depot.
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
I saw that people trying to synthesize gold and silver were working in ignorance and by false methods; I then perceived that they belonged to two classes the dupers and the duped. I pitied both of them. ~ Geber c. 712 – c. 815 AD
Biology is the study of the complex things in the Universe. Physics is the study of the simple ones. ~ Richard Dawkins 1941 – present - Evolutionary Biologist
I have eaten 2/3 of 1/3 of my food ration. 7 remains. How much food did I start with? ~ Cuneiform Babylonian mathematics exercise 1900 – 1600 BC
The chief philosophical value of physics is that it gives the mind something distinct to lay hold of which if you don’t Nature at once tells you you are wrong. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
There are many ways of knocking electrons out of atoms. The simplest is to rub two surfaces together. ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001
On the principle of successive variations not always supervening at an early age and being inherited at a corresponding not early period of life we can clearly see why the embryos of mammals birds reptiles and fishes should be so closely alike and should be so unlike the adult forms. ~ Charles Darwin 1809 to 1882 - Naturalist Evolutionary Biologist
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.