What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
Although Nature needs thousands or millions of years to create a new species man needs only a few dozen years to destroy one. ~ Victor Scheffer 1906 to 2011 - Biologist
Lasse Hessel (born 1940) Denmark – Female condom.
Vladimir Fyodorov (1874–1966) Russia – Fedorov Avtomat (first self-loading battle rifle arguably the first assault rifle).
Robert W. Bower (born 1936) USA – self-aligned–gate MOSFET.
William R. Bennett Jr. (1930–2008) together with Ali Javan (1926–) USA/Iran – Gas laser (Helium-Neon).
Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi (Abulcasis) (936–1013) Islamic Spain – catgut surgical suture various surgical instruments and dental devices.
Charles Lindbergh (1902–1974) USA – organ perfusion pump.
Goldsworthy Gurney (1793–1875) England - Gurney Stove.
James McLurkin (born 1972) USA – Ant robotics (robotics).
Dmitri Garbuzov (1940–2006) Russia/USA – continuous-wave-operating diode lasers (together with Zhores Alferov) high-power diode lasers.
Kenyon Taylor (inv. 1961) USA – Flip-disc display.
Hans Tropsch (1889–1935) together with Franz Joseph Emil Fischer (1877–1947) Germany – Fischer–Tropsch process (refinery process).
Konstantin Khrenov (1894–1984) Russia – underwater welding.
Zhang Heng (78–139) China – Seismometer first hydraulic-powered armillary sphere.
Roger Y. Tsien (born 1952) together with Osamu Shimomura (1928–) and Martin Chalfie (born 1947) USA – Discovery and development of Green fluorescent protein.
Joseph Aspdin (1788–1855) UK – Portland cement.
Boris Stechkin (1891–1969) Russia – co-developer of Sikorsky Ilya Muromets and Tsar Tank developer of Soviet heat and aircraft engines.
Ibn Samh (c. 1020) Middle East – mechanical geared astrolabe.
James Dyson (born 1947) UK – Dual Cyclone bagless vacuum cleaner incorporating the principles of cyclonic separation..
John Howard Kyan (1774–1850) Ireland – The process of Kyanization used for wood preservation.
Muhammad al-Fazari (d. 796/806) Persia – astrolabe.
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
Chemistry is necessarily an experimental science: its conclusions are drawn from data and its principles supported by evidence from facts. ~ Michael Faraday - 1791 to 1867
Primates are visual animals above all and anatomical work in particular is as much pictorial as verbal. ~ Stephen Jay Gould 1941 to 2002 - Paleontologist
Chemistry unlike other sciences sprang originally from delusions and superstitions and was at its commencement exactly on a par with magic and astrology. ~ Thomas Thomson - 1773 to 1852
The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
Macroscopic objects as we see them all around us are governed by a variety of forces derived from a variety of approximations to a variety of physical theories. In contrast the only elements in the construction of black holes are our basic concepts of space and time. They are thus almost by definition the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe. ~ Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 to 1995
No movie data found
No movie data found
No movie data found
- The Circel Of Life, Circel Pendant Message " ancient meaning...circle of life dream meaning...success beyond your wildest dreams 21st century meaning...what goes around comes around whatever it means to you... believe, trust, and enjoy!! " Card Necklace.
- Perfect Gift For Yourself or Your loved ones. Symbol of good health and good luck.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated
- FE Message "ponte tu collar y pide deseo. si crees en ti mismo y en tu potencial, todo puede ser posible! usa tu collar para que siempre recuerdes que hay que tener fe." Card Cross Pendant Necklace.
- Environment Friendly Gold Plated, Carefully Handmade By Skilled Workman.
- Metal Type: Gold Plated, Spring Ring Clasp.
- Chain Length: 45 cm + 10 cm.
- Key To Success Message "make a wish and put on your necklace. it's no secret¡the key to success is doing what you love! wear your necklace as a reminder that you can do anything you set your mind and your heart to!" Necklace for Women.
- Gold Plated Alloy, Spring-Ring Clasp.
- 16" Necklace to Be Worn Alone or Layered.
- Perfect Gift for Yourself or Your Loved Ones.
- Each Necklace Comes in An Original Package.