Nothing can be more certain than this: that we are just beginning to learn something of the wonders of the world on which we live and move and have our being. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi (Abulcasis) (936–1013) Islamic Spain – catgut surgical suture various surgical instruments and dental devices.
Jules Montenier (1895–1962) USA – modern anti-perspirant deodorant.
Werner von Siemens (1816–1892) Germany – a.o. electric elevator Electromote (= first trolleybus) an early Dynamo.
David Brewster (1781–1868) United Kingdom – Kaleidoscope.
David L. Mills (born 1938) USA – a.o. Fuzzball router Network Time Protocol.
Niels Christensen (1865–1952) USA – O-ring.
Charles Wheatstone (1802–1875) UK – a.o. concertina stereoscope microphone Playfair cipher pseudoscope dynamo.
Nikolai Korotkov (1874–1920) Russia – auscultatory technique for blood pressure measurement.
Dmitri Dmitrievich Maksutov (1896–1964) Russia – Maksutov telescope.
Richard J. Gatling (1818–1903) USA – wheat drill first successful machine gun.
William H. Dobelle (1943–2004) United States – first functioning artificial eye.
Ward Christensen (inv. 1978–) USA – Bulletin board system.
Thomas Chang (born 1933) Canada/China – Artificial cell.
Gerd Binnig (born 1947) together with Heinrich Rohrer (1933–2013) Germany/Switzerland – Scanning tunneling microscope.
Hedy Lamarr (1913–2000) Austria and USA – Spread spectrum radio.
Pavel Sukhoi (1895–1975) Russia – Su-series fighter aircraft.
Montgolfier brothers (1740–1810) and (1745–1799) France – hot air balloon.
Nikolay Popov (1931–2008) Russia – first fully gas turbine main battle tank (T-80).
Michael I. Pupin (1858–1935) Serbia – pupinization (loading coils) tunable oscillator.
Giovanni Luppis or Ivan Vukić (1813–1875) Austrian Empire (ethnical Croatian from Rijeka) – self-propelled torpedo.
By ‘life ’ we mean a thing that can nourish itself and grow and decay. ~ Aristotle 384 BC to 322 BC - Scientist Philosopher
I see some parallels between the shifts of fashion in mathematics and in music. In music the popular new styles of jazz and rock became fashionable a little earlier than the new mathematical styles of chaos and complexity theory. Jazz and rock were long despised by classical musicians but have emerged as art-forms more accessible than classical music to a wide section of the public. Jazz and rock are no longer to be despised as passing fads. Neither are chaos and complexity theory. But still classical music and classical mathematics are not dead. Mozart lives and so does Euler. When the wheel of fashion turns once more quantum mechanics and hard analysis will once again be in style. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923 - Mathematician and Physicist
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
We think there is color we think there is sweet we think there is bitter but in reality there are atoms and a void. ~ Democritus c. 460 – c. 370 BC
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
Euclid’s work ought to have been any educationist’s nightmare… it never offers any “motivations ” it has no illuminating “asides ” it does not attempt to make anything “intuitive ” and it avoids “applications” to a fault. It is so “humorless” in its mathematical purism that… …it should have been spurned by students and “progressive” teachers in every generation. But it nevertheless survived intact all the turmoils ravages and illiteracies of the dissolving Roman Empire of the early Dark Ages of the Crusades and of the plagues and famines of the later Middle Ages. ~ Salomon Bochner 1899 – 1982 - Mathematician
Progress is made by trial and failure; the failures are generally a hundred times more numerous than the successes ; yet they are usually left unchronicled. - William Ramsay 1852 to 1916 Chemist
- Main Function:G18 is merely gsm alarm system,G183 update version work with 3G gsm sim card DIY home security alarm system,which can either work in standalone mode without sim card or a standard size sim card(not micro and nano) to call/text up to 6 phone numbers via cellular network,AT&T,T-mobile sim card recommend.As 2G will be no longer available in the USA in 2019,AT&T has already shut off 2G service in 2017.3G alarm system more reliable than the wifi one in case of the internet failure.
- APP Control burglar system:First download app(search "G18 alarm system" at google or iphone app store) free and register an account,insert a sim card to alarm keypad,remote control the security system by text in APP on your smartphone from anywhere at anytime.PIR motion sensor detect any suspicious movement or activity,Door/window sensor detect any forceful break-in.When detectors are triggered,the alarm host will receive the alarm alert meantime call your phone,disarm it by app/sms/call
- Brief Description:This is an indoor basic security alarm system kit complete with fully programmable main unit and sensors,can be used directly after unplugging insulation sheet to protect home,office,shop apartment,business;DIY supportable 99 wireless zones up to 150 remote key fobs and 150 sensors,add more sensors as detailed need such as gas detector,water leaking sensor to provide all-around reliable protection.Additional Sensors can be find in our shop or we can customize the kits for you.
- Humanized Design: Easy operation with TFT color touch screen,voice prompt design during setting;Built in 3.7V 800mAh rechargeable lithium battery that can last about 6-8 hours with full power, it will change to use battery to work in the case of power failure, just make sure that switch is on. Other useable features such as arming delay, keypad lock, timing arming etc.
- Customer Service: 12-month warranty, professional technical support and friendly responsive customer service within 24 hours. If you have any questions, welcome to contact us via amazon emails or seach "KERUI G183 security alarm system introduction" on youtube.
- ALL-IN-ONE HOME AUTOMATION: Make your house a smart home in minutes, one room at a time. Simply replace your Dual Switch (double gang) light switch with NuBryte Touchpoint. Connect & Protect, from any NuBryte console, or remotely via Nubryte APP.
- HOME SECURITY: Detract and deter with 100 decibel siren and flashing overhead lights. Instant video alerts to your phone when triggered (with NuBryte APP). Built-in wide-angle camera and advanced motion detection up to 30'. No Contracts/Monthly Fees.
- SMART LIGHTING: Touch-Free light control, and 5 easy-to-use lighting automation and digital dimming modes. Motion-based on/off, Morning Wake Up, Bedtime dimmer, Night light and Vacation lights. Works with standard dimmable bulbs.
- INTERCOM: Combine 2 or more Touchpoint consoles for an instant home intercom system. (WiFi)
- FAMILY HUB: Indoor/Outdoor Temperature & Humidity, 5-Day Weather Forecast, Calendar, Notifications and Event Alerts, Energy Monitoring, and more! Now, with Amazon Alexa voice control with Echo, Dot, and Tap!
- Updated 2015 Model with Newest Firmware and Software
- Wifi Connectivity for Remote and Monitoring Options (Requires Monthly Fee)
- Zwave ready for Control of Lights, Door locks, Thermostats and Garage Doors
- Award Winning Technology and Design
- Includes: (3) 5816 Door/Window Transmitters, (1) 5834-4 Four-Button Wireless Keyfob (1) 5800 Pir-Res Wireless Motion Detector (1) Wifi Module (1) Zwave Module (1) 4gl GSM Cellular module