Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
William H. Dobelle (1943–2004) United States – first functioning artificial eye.
Konosuke Matsushita (1894–1989) Japan – a.o. battery-powered Bicycle lighting.
Alexei Krylov (1863–1945) Russia – gyroscopic damping of ships.
Samuel Hunter Christie (1784–1865) UK – Wheatstone bridge.
Nikolay Popov (1931–2008) Russia – first fully gas turbine main battle tank (T-80).
Leo Baekeland (1863–1944) Belgian–American – Velox photographic paper and Bakelite.
Trevor Baylis (born 1937) UK – a wind-up radio.
Robert A. Heinlein (1907–1988) USA – waterbed.
Aleksandr Stoletov (1839–1896) Russia – first solar cell based on the outer photoelectric effect.
Georgios Papanikolaou (1883–1962) Greece / USA – Papanicolaou stain Pap test = Pap smear.
Vladimir Bekhterev (1857–1927) Russia – Bekhterev's Mixture.
Marc Seguin (1786–1875) France – wire-cable suspension bridge.
Mulalo Doyoyo (born 1970) South Africa/USA - engineer and inventor (Cenocell - cementless concrete).
Georgii Karpechenko (1899–1941) Russia – rabbage (the first ever non-sterile hybrid obtained through the crossbreeding).
Harry Houdini (1874-1926) USA Flight Time Illusion.
Leonty Shamshurenkov (1687–1758) Russia – first self-propelling carriage (a precursor to both bicycle and automobile) projects of an original odometer and self-propelling sledge.
Oleg Losev (1903–1942) Russia – light-emitting diode crystadine.
Matthew Piers Watt Boulton (1820–1894) UK – aileron.
Joseph Priestley (1733–1804) UK – soda water.
Nicolas Appert (1749–1841) France – canning (food preservation) using glass bottles see also Peter Durand.
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
A theory is a supposition which we hope to be true a hypothesis is a supposition which we expect to be useful; fictions belong to the realm of art; if made to intrude elsewhere they become either make-believes or mistakes. - George Johnstone Stoney 1826 to 1911 Physicist
The condition of matter I have dignified by the term Electronic THE ELECTRONIC STATE. What do you think of that? Am I not a bold man ignorant as I am to coin words? ~ Michael Faraday 1791 – 1867
What exactly is mathematics? Many have tried but nobody has really succeeded in defining mathematics; it is always something else. Roughly speaking people know that it deals with numbers figures with relations operations and that its formal procedures involving axioms proofs lemmas theorems have not changed since the time of Archimedes. ~ Stan Ulam 1909 – 1984 - Mathematician
I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room or be as big as a coarse grain of sand. ~ Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1632 to 1723 - Biologist
Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
All increasing or dominant species (and it is from these that new species arise) vary considerably in all their parts organs and faculties in every generation. ~ Alfred Russel Wallace 1823 to 1913 - Zoologist Evolutionary Biologist
- Provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact System
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups, including your upper, middle and lower ABS and obliques, thighs, gluts, calves, forearms, triceps and biceps
- COMP and portable
- Comes Fully Assembled, Adjustable dual resistance
- Exercise DVD & Fitness Guide Included
- Brand: Ollieroo®.
- Comes Fully Assembled,occupied area is small, easy to store and easy to carry.
- Dual resistance springs for ABS and core strengthening,Perfect for provides total body muscle toning and cardio in one compact system.
- Suitable for each stage of the fitness crowd, long service life-Adjustable resistance to accomodate both beginners and advanced users.
- Allows you to target a variety of muscle groups,including your upper,middle and lower ABS and obliques,thighs,gluts,calves,forearm,triceps,biceps,combines more than 14 great exercises.
- VERSATILE and CONVENIENT: Wonder Core Smart is so versatile it replaces 6 resistance gym equipment PLUS cardio to give you the total body workout from the comfort of your own home!
- EFFICIENT: Wonder Core offers dual resistance to work muscle groups on the way up, and down, to optimize results and get you the body you want and deserve!
- ADJUSTABLE resistance to accommodate beginners and advanced health and fitness enthusiasts!
- FREE Twister Board so you can incorporate new exercises to your daily workout routines!
- FREE Wonder Core Manual, DVD Guide, and Meal Plan. Note: The Wonder Core Smart comes fully assembled for easy usage.