The literary convention that numbers less than 10 should be given in words is often highly unsuitable in mathematics… The excessive use of the word forms is regrettably spreading at the present time. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Chemistry begins in the stars. The stars are the source of the chemical elements which are the building blocks of matter and the core of our subject. ~ Peter Atkins - 1940 to present
Hans Wilhelm Geiger (1882–1945) Germany – Geiger counter.
Wallace H. Coulter (1913–1998) USA – Coulter counter (cell biology).
Thomas Savery (1650–1715) UK – steam engine.
Benjamin Chew Tilghman (1821–1897) USA – sandblasting.
Roy Plunkett (1910–1994) United States – Teflon.
Joseph-Armand Bombardier (1907–1964) Canada – snowmobile.
Wendell Brown (born 1961) USA – ADAP sound editor eVoice voicemail Teleo VoIP virtual workforce and energy efficiency technologies.
David Brewster (1781–1868) United Kingdom – Kaleidoscope.
Pyotr Shilovsky (1871 – after 1924) Russia/United Kingdom – gyrocar.
Petro Prokopovych (1775–1850) Ukraine/Russia – early beehive frame queen excluder and other beekeeping novelties.
James McLurkin (born 1972) USA – Ant robotics (robotics).
Ignazio Porro (1801–1875) Italy – Porro prism Strip camera.
Hermann von Helmholtz (1821–1894) Germany – Helmholtz pitch notation Helmholtz resonator ophthalmoscope.
Larry Sanger (born 1968) together with Jimmy Wales (1966–) USA – Wikipedia.
John G. Kemeny (1926–1992) together with Thomas E. Kurtz (1928–) Hungary/USA – BASIC (programming language).
Mikhail Kalashnikov (1919–2013) Russia – AK-47 and AK-74 assault rifles (the most produced ever).
Iwan Serrurier (1878–1953) Netherlands/USA – inventor of the Moviola for film editing.
Gerd Binnig (born 1947) with Christoph Gerber (?–) and with Calvin Quate (born 1923) Germany/Switzerland/USA – Atomic force microscope.
Hovannes Adamian (1879–1932) Armenia/Russia – tricolor principle of the color television.
Henry Burden (1791–1871) Scotland and USA – Horseshoe machine first usable iron railed road spike.
I think it would be quite wrong to suggest that my colleagues have rejected me or that I reject them. Quite the reverse. It’s only a small vociferous group – mainly biologists I’m sorry to say – that go beyond ordinary scientific criticism and start becoming personal. ~ James Lovelock 1919 – present - Gaia Theorist Inventor Scientific Polymath
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
A detective with his murder mystery a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions surmises fancies they stumble upon the right explanation and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach. ~ Gilbert Lewis 1875 – 1946
Did the genome of our cave-dwelling predecessors contain a set or sets of genes which enable modern man to compose music of infinite complexity and write novels with profound meaning? …It looks as though the early Homo was already provided with the intellectual potential which was in great excess of what was needed to cope with the environment of his time.” - Susumu Ohno 1928 to 2000 Geneticist
Outstanding examples of genius – a Mozart a Shakespeare or a Carl Friedrich Gauss – are markers on the path along which our species appears destined to tread. - Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001 Astrophysicist
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does not. That needs more courage than we might think. - Jacob Bronowski 1908 to 1974 Mathematician Biologist
- Designed for a Healthy Life: Steps Counting, Find Your Phone, Camera Remote Control, Sedentary Reminder, SMS Reminding, Call Reminder, Incoming Calls Show, Calories Burned Measuring, and Sleep Management etc.
- The wristband is made of silicone, soft and skin friendly, very comfortable to wear. Using stretchy silicone material, the wearable maximum length is 7.6 inches, minimum length is 5.5 inches
- USB Connect: The whole display can be pulled out from the band and used as a USB stick. With a USB connector, it's very continent to charge the built-in battery via charger or computer
- Fit For: iPhone 4S or above (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iTouch5, iPad3, iPad4, iPad air, iPad mini etc IOS 7.0 or above system) Android 4.3 or above, Bluetooth 4.0. Not Fit For: Lenovo, TCL, Asus phone
- If you have any question with the item, please email to: email@example.com, we will reply within 24 hours. We offer an 30-day money-back guarantee, if the purchase has any quality defect. Please be assured the purchase
- See notifications,SMS reminding,call reminder,Incoming calls show on the OLED display.
- How to PAIR DEVICE to your phone:Download and install the VERYFIT app from Apple Store or Google Play.Open app and click on Device Icon on the bottom of screen.Tap on "Bind Device" to search then click on "Bind" to confirm once found.Device should vibrate when bound.If the app does not find the device:press on Fit-Fire until you feel it vibrate to turn on and tap on "refresh",searching device again,then bind device,your device will be paired to phone.
- First time to use,take host out of the band,plug it into a USB port to charge(If you can not see the red indicator light,pls turn the host to other side to put in) the screen will activate.Then download APP 'Veryfit For Heartrate'/Veryfit OR Veryfit 2.0(This app can not control music,but the heart rate monitor is more accurate.And it is easy to connect with device.
- USB recharged design:Rechargeable & Long-lasting battery,about 7-10 Standby time/ 4 days Using time. Please charge it before running out of battery.30 minutes charging time is enough,do not charge it overnight.
- All day tracking:step counting,distance tracking,calorie burned; Sleep monitor: Incoming call notice,remote camera,music control,find phone,lost warning,out of range alarm. 1.First times to use,please recharge it and download APP"Veryfit For Heartrate"/VeryFit 2.0 from Apple Store or Google Play; 2.Data will be refreshed after using one day . You could find previous data in the app by click the button "Details".it can save on the band one week. So you must sync to it each week.Any problem, We promise to get back to you within 24 hours
- Purchase replacement band here - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G83K1HY
- 1) Pedometer:Record daily walking of steps and mileage. 2) Dear Friends,Please Note-Calls and SMS vibration reminders :Just for Android system mobiles,not for Apple system
- Sleep Monitor:TW64 is able to detect how long you sleep, through its health software, count up your time of deep sleep,light sleep.
- Stable charger:Unique charger guarantees that TW64 could be charging stably,even in the moving car or running ,climbling.
- The energy consumption:Calculate the daily consumption of calories and heat.