Division is esteemed one of the busiest operations of Arithmetic and such as requireth a mind not wandering or settled upon other matters. ~ Thomas Hylles The arte of vulgar arithmeticke 1600 - Mathematician
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries which later appear so easy and simple. - Georg C. Lichtenberg 1742 to 1799 Physicist
Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov (1845–1916) Russia – probiotics.
Nikolay Ivanovich Pirogov (1810–1881) Russia – early use of ether as anaesthetic first anaesthesia in a field operation various kinds of surgical operations.
Royal Earl House (1814–1895) USA – first Printing telegraph.
Sergei Ivanovich Mosin (1849–1902) Russia – Mosin–Nagant rifle.
Chuck Hull (born 1939) USA – 3D printer.
Aleksandr Stoletov (1839–1896) Russia – first solar cell based on the outer photoelectric effect.
Marin Soljačić (1974) Croatia - Resonant inductive coupling.
Rachel Fuller Brown (1898–1980) USA – Nystatin the world's first antifungal antibiotic.
Adolf Gaston Eugen Fick (1829–1901) Germany – contact lens.
Kalman Tihanyi (1897–1947) Hungary – co-inventor of cathode ray tube and iconoscope.
Dawon Kahng (1931–1992) South Korea together with Simon Sze (1936–) Taiwan/USA – Floating-gate MOSFET.
Walton Musser (1909–1998) USA – Harmonic drive gear.
Fathullah Shirazi (c. 1582) Mughal India – early volley gun.
Henry John Horstman Fenton (1854–1929) UK – Fenton's reagent (chemistry).
Charles Cantor (born 1942) USA – Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (molecular biology).
Miriam Benjamin (1861–1947) Washington D.C. – Gong and signal chair (adopted by House of Representatives and precursor to flight attendant signal system).
Olivia Poole (1889–1975) USA – the Jolly Jumper baby harness.
Adolph Giesl-Gieslingen (1903–1992) Austria – Giesl ejector.
Jacques Cousteau (1910–1997) France – co-inventor of the aqualung and the Nikonos underwater camera.
Ed Lowe (1920–1995) USA – Cat litter.
It is a platitude that pure mathematics can have unexpected consequences and affect even daily life. ~ J.E. Littlewood 1885 – 1977 - Mathematician
Nothing can be more certain than this: that we are just beginning to learn something of the wonders of the world on which we live and move and have our being. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
Experimental science hardly ever affords us more than approximations to the truth; and whenever many agents are concerned we are in great danger of being mistaken. ~ Humphry Davy - 1778 to 1829
The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
Benjamin Franklin performed a beautiful experiment using surfactants; on a pond at Clapham Common he poured a small amount of oleic acid a natural surfactant which tends to form a dense film at the water-air interface. He measured the volume required to cover all the pond. Knowing the area he then knew the height of the film something like three nanometers in our current units. ~ Pierre-Gilles de Gennes 1932 to 2007
All increasing or dominant species (and it is from these that new species arise) vary considerably in all their parts organs and faculties in every generation. ~ Alfred Russel Wallace 1823 to 1913 - Zoologist Evolutionary Biologist
An experiment is a question which science poses to Nature and a measurement is the recording of Nature’s answer. - Max Planck 1858 to 1947 Theoretical Physicist
- Stimulates the pumping action of exercise and has multiple massage sessions.
- Pamper calves, ankles and feet
- Calms tired legs and soothes muscle fatigue
- Item size: Leg 15", Foot 11.5", and Thigh 27" x 9.5"
- Designed by a world-renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, the Healthy Stretch has been clinically tested to provide safe and productive stretching
- The Healthy Stretch decreases the risk of acute muscle strains and foot injuries
- Helps prevent chronic foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flatfeet, knee, ankle, foot arthritis, diabetic forefoot ulcers, and stress fractures
- No need to worry about complicated systems, the Healthy Stretch is designed for everybody
- This is a device that you use before and after your workout, that you use bare footed to get a much deeper stretch than you could on your own
- Made of heavy-duty, durable and waterproof nylon with well padded semi-flexible covers.
- Versatile electronics accessories organiser specifically designed for well organised people.
- Three easy access mesh pockets expand to store multiple sizes of USB drive or small baby stuffs.
- Special zipper spaces for 2.5 Inch external hard drive (HDD), SSD cards, CF cards, power bank or baby diapers and etc.
- Dimension: L17.4"*W8.9"when open, about L9.5"*W4.3" after folded. Roll-up design fits in coat pocket or small space in any bag.