What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
A cylinder of air reaching to the top of the atmosphere is of equal weight with a cylinder of water about 33 feet high. ~ Isaac Newton 1642 to 1727
Nikolay Kamov (1902–1973) Russia – armored battle autogyro Ka-series coaxial rotor helicopters.
William Morrison (dentist) (1860–1926) USA – a.o. Cotton candy machine.
Anatoly Kharlampiev (1906–1979) Russia – Sambo (martial art).
William R. Bennett Jr. (1930–2008) together with Ali Javan (1926–) USA/Iran – Gas laser (Helium-Neon).
Colin Murdoch (1929–2008) New Zealand – a.o. Tranquillizer gun disposable hypodermic syringe.
Thor Bjørklund (1889–1975) Norway – Cheese slicer.
Jacques Cousteau (1910–1997) France – co-inventor of the aqualung and the Nikonos underwater camera.
Henry Maudslay (1771–1831) UK – screw-cutting lathe bench micrometer.
Al-Khazini (fl.1115–1130) Persia/Iran – hydrostatic balance.
Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès (1817–1880) France – margarine.
Igor Kurchatov (1903–1960) Russia – first nuclear power plant first nuclear reactors for submarines and surface ships.
John "Jack" Higson Cover Jr. (1920–2009) USA – Taser.
Yury Lomonosov (1876–1952) Russia/United Kingdom – first successful mainline diesel locomotive.
Gustav Guanella (1909–1982) Switzerland – DSSS Guanella-Balun.
Lasse Hessel (born 1940) Denmark – Female condom.
Leland Clark (1918–2005) USA – Clark electrode (medicine).
Richard F. Lyon (1952–) USA – Optical mouse.
William Henry Perkin (1838–1907) United Kingdom – first synthetic organic chemical dye Mauveine.
Jan Czochralski (1885–1953) Poland / Germany – Czochralski process (crystal growth).
Albert Coons (1912–1978) USA – Immunofluorescence (microscopy).
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
The chemists are a strange class of mortals impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor soot and flame poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I were to change places with the Persian king. ~ Johann Joachim Becher - 1635 to 1682
Trial by combat of wits in disputations has no attraction for the seeker after truth; to him the appeal to experiment is the last and only test of the merit of an opinion conjecture or hypotheses. ~ Joseph Mellor - 1869 to 1938
In its efforts to learn as much as possible about nature modern physics has found that certain things can never be “known” with certainty. Much of our knowledge must always remain uncertain. The most we can know is in terms of probabilities. ~ Richard Feynman 1918 to 1988
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
Suppose we have an unknown number of objects. When counted in threes 2 are left over when counted in fives 3 are left over and when counted in sevens 2 are left over. How many objects are there? ~ Sunzi The Mathematical Classic of Sunzi - Chinese mathematics problem from c. 450 AD
Physics is actually too hard for physicists. ~ David Hilbert 1862 to 1943 (Mathematician)
- Size: 4Pcs x 12x12inch (30x30cm), Giclee artwork, printed on high quality waterproof cotton canvas.
- Ready to Hang, Stretched and Framed, Easy Setup - Cord setup already, easy hold on the nails(Free accessories).
- Gallery wrapped on approximately 0.75"(2cm) wood bars, the image continues around the sides.
- Painting effect(Not 100% HD Clear) because canvas material rough surface. But OK in a 20 inches distance. (If fulfilled by Seller, Free Shipping, send out within 2-3 bussiness days- Shipping time 4-9 days)
- Brand "SMARTWALLSTATION" has been registered and protected.
- Size: 28" x 24"
- Color: Matte Black
- High-Quality Die-Cut Oracal Vinyl; Made In USA
- Written/Video Instructions Included
- Will not damage walls Non-transferrable
- Special Quote Ceramic Wall Hanging Art Sign
- * Size: 15 x 15 cm / 5.9 x 5.9 inch
- This tile has a smooth surface.
- It comes with a hook for hanging on the wall.