An experiment is a question which science poses to Nature and a measurement is the recording of Nature’s answer. - Max Planck 1858 to 1947 Theoretical Physicist
A detective with his murder mystery a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions surmises fancies they stumble upon the right explanation and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach. ~ Gilbert Lewis 1875 – 1946
Pavel Schilling (1786–1837) Estonia/Russia – first electromagnetic telegraph mine with an electric fuse.
Maurice Hilleman (1919–2005) – vaccines against childhood diseases.
Ladislas Starevich (1882–1965) Russia/France – puppet animation live-action/animated film.
Larry Sanger (born 1968) together with Jimmy Wales (1966–) USA – Wikipedia.
Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov (1845–1916) Russia – probiotics.
Igor Tamm (1895–1971) Russia – co-developer of tokamak.
William Saville-Kent (1845–1908) UK/Australia – Pearl culture see also Mikimoto Kōkichi.
Salih Tahtawi (fl.1659–1660) Mughal India – seamless globe and celestial globe.
Eugene Polley (1915–2012) United States – wireless remote control (with Robert Adler).
George Cayley (1773–1857) UK – glider tension-spoke wheels Caterpillar track.
Hyman George Rickover (1900–1986) USA – Nuclear submarine.
Gustav Guanella (1909–1982) Switzerland – DSSS Guanella-Balun.
Enrico Fermi (1901–1954) Italy – nuclear reactor.
Alexander Coucoulas (1933-) USA - Thermosonic Bonding.
Erna Schneider Hoover (born 1926) USA – computerized telephone switching system.
Leland Clark (1918–2005) USA – Clark electrode (medicine).
Boris Borisovich Galitzine (1862–1916) Russia – electromagnetic seismograph.
Georges Lakhovsky (1869–1942) Russia/USA – Multiple Wave Oscillator.
Thor Bjørklund (1889–1975) Norway – Cheese slicer.
Jacques E. Brandenberger (1872–1954) Switzerland – Cellophane.
Geometry is one and eternal shining in the mind of God. That men share in it is among the reasons that Man is the image of God. ~ Johannes Kepler 1571 – 1630 Mathematician and Astronomer
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 605 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. - Sir Arthur Eddington 1882 to 1944 Astronomer Physicist Mathematician
God created two acts of folly. First He created the Universe in a Big Bang. Second He was negligent enough to leave behind evidence for this act in the form of microwave radiation. - Paul Erdős 1913 to 1996 Mathematician
Every aspect of the world today – even politics and international relations – is affected by chemistry. ~ Linus Pauling - 1901 to 1994
Surely it is not knowledge but learning; not owning but earning; not being there but getting there; that gives us the greatest pleasure. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss 1777 – 1855 - Mathematician and Physicist
No two electrons in the same state? That is why atoms are so unnecessarily big and why metal and stone are so bulky. (Explaining that atoms are as large as they are because of Wolfgang Pauli’s Principle.) ~ Paul Ehrenfest 1880 – 1933
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more