The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity. ~ William Ramsay - 1852 to 1916
But though the professed aim of all scientific work is to unravel the secrets of nature it has another effect not less valuable on the mind of the worker. It leaves him in possession of methods which nothing but scientific work could have led him to invent. ~ James Clerk Maxwell 1831 to 1879
Valentyn Glushko (1908–1989) Russia – hypergolic propellant electric propulsion Soviet rocket engines (including world's most powerful liquid-fuel rocket engine RD-170).
Dennis Ritchie (1941–2011) USA – C (programming language).
Gunther von Hagens (born 1945) Germany – whole body Plastination.
Johann Wolfgang Döbereiner (1780–1849) Germany – Döbereiner's lamp (chemistry).
Frans Wilhelm Lindqvist (1862–1931) Sweden – Kerosene stove operated by compressed air.
Lin Yutang (1895–1976) China/USA – Chinese language typewriter.
Shen Kuo (1031–1095) China – improved gnomon armillary sphere clepsydra and sighting tube.
Raul Cuero (born 1948) Buenaventura Colombia see Inventions and patents list.
Henry Shrapnel (1761–1842) UK – Shrapnel shell ammunition.
Ulugh Beg (1394–1449) Persia/Iran – Fakhri sextant mural sextant.
Werner von Siemens (1816–1892) Germany – a.o. electric elevator Electromote (= first trolleybus) an early Dynamo.
Baltzar von Platen (1898–1984) Sweden – gas absorption refrigerator.
William R. Bennett Jr. (1930–2008) together with Ali Javan (1926–) USA/Iran – Gas laser (Helium-Neon).
Nils Bohlin (1920–2002) Sweden – the three-point seat belt.
Frederick Walton (c. 1834–1928) UK – Linoleum.
Zheng He (1371–1433) China – Chinese treasure ship.
Francis Rogallo (1912–2009) USA – Rogallo wing.
John Hays Hammond Jr. (1888–1965) USA – radio control.
Willem Johan Kolff (1911–2009) Netherlands – artificial kidney hemodialysis machine.
Hans Lippershey (1570–1619) The Netherlands – telescope.
Biology is the study of the complex things in the Universe. Physics is the study of the simple ones. ~ Richard Dawkins 1941 – present - Evolutionary Biologist
There are many ways of knocking electrons out of atoms. The simplest is to rub two surfaces together. ~ Fred Hoyle 1915 to 2001
A physicist is an atom’s way of knowing about atoms. - George Wald 1906 to 1997 Neurobiologist
Physics is very muddled again at the moment; it is much too hard for me anyway and I wish I were a movie comedian or something like that and had never heard anything about physics! ~ Wolfgang Pauli 1900 – 1958
In my experience most mathematicians are intellectually lazy and especially dislike reading experimental papers. ~ Francis Crick 1916 – 2004 - Molecular Biologist
I am not insensible of the advantage which accrues to Applied Mathematics from the co-operation of the Pure Mathematician and this co-operation is not infrequently called forth by the very imperfections of writers on Applied Mathematics. ~ Ronald Fisher 1890 – 1962 - Mathematician Statistician Evolutionary Biologist
Physics is littered with the corpses of dead unified field theories. ~ Freeman Dyson b. 1923
- Capture, Store and Relive Special Moments with this Ultra-Light Weight WEARABLE Camera!!!
- Camera + Camcorder: Snap Hi-Res 12 MegaPixel Images & Record Full HD 1080p Video
- 1.8 inch LCD Display Screen Allows you to View & Playback Real-Time Pictures and Videos
- Built-in WiFi for Wireless Connectivity & Control - Download the Free App: Snap Pics & Record Video with Your Smartphone! - Easy PC Connect: Save & Share
- Micro SD Card Slot for Easy File Sharing & File Transfer, card is NOT included - Integrated Microphone for Audio Recording - Includes Attachment Clip & USB Charging Cable.
- 1 hour live broadcasting
- 8MP image sensor
- Hd 720P30 video recording
- Free ion snapcam companion app (ios and android)
- Requires microsd card up to 32gb (not included)
- Capture 5MP photos stills
- 2.5 Hours of HD 720p video recording
- Shoots full HD 720p @ 30 fps video
- Requires microSD card up to 32GB (not Included)
- Free iON SnapCam companion app (iOS and Android)