I never expected any sort of success with 'Mockingbird'... I sort of hoped someone would like it enough to give me encouragement. - Harper Lee
"Nearly all monster stories depend for their success on Jack killing the Giant, Beowulf or St. George slaying the Dragon, Harry Potter triumphing over the basilisk. That is their inner grammar, and the whole shape of the story leads towards it." - A. N. Wilson
"All those who are around me are the bridge to my success, so they are all important." - Manny Pacquiao
Before watching Video, Read About…
Leave Your Comfort Zone: When it comes to business, it is easy to settle into your comfort zone and stop taking risks. In some cases, if your comfort zone is a good place to be, your results may be very good. However, if you repeatedly experience poor results, then it may be time to leave your comfort zone, so that you can experience success.
Give Up When It’s Wise to Do So – Not When it Is Convenient: Most people give up for reasons of convenience. They hit a nasty snag in their career; and they simply cannot find a way to propel themselves forward immediately, so they just give up. Instead of backing off, consulting a colleague, and then heading back to the problem with a refreshed and nuanced perspective, they give up before they give the scenario the chance to play out. As a result, they deny themselves the opportunity to fight back and succeed.
Emulate Your Superiors: Your superiors have been promoted for important reasons. If you want to be promoted, too, don’t be cynical about the reasons for their promotion, but instead try to emulate their behavior.
Don’t Buy a Big House if You Cannot Afford It: Locking yourself into a big mortgage payment is a very bad idea—especially if you have a shaky income. Instead of risking the possibility that might not be able to make the payments, settle for a smaller house or an apartment until you have financial capacity to make the payments on time.
Stop Blaming Others for Your Problem: While others may make your problems worse, only you can solve them. So stop blaming other people for your problems and take responsibility for your life and decisions.
Take Action Immediately: Thoughts and actions are two very different things. And this is something the successful know very well. They know that coming up with a good idea is completely useless if you cannot implement it—or cannot give it to someone who can. So get in the habit of not only thinking of new things, but of taking action swiftly.
Observe Successful Relationships and Emulate Them: If you and your spouse have friends who have successful friendships or romantic relationships, observe them and copy their approach. Emulate the things that work well in the relationships—and yours may improve, too.
Set Goals: This simple fact cannot be emphasized enough: one thing that separates the successful from those who have not experienced success is goals. The successful have goals; and these goals give them meaning and direction. If you’re lacking serious, meaningful goals, then you should spend some time to create them and then write them down.
Set Goals: Goals are important. They serve as a means for you to gauge your progress and to keep your eyes trained on the future. So, do as the successful do, and set goals for your personal life.
Watch Video: Denzel Washington – “DON’T UNDERESTIMATE YOURSELF” | One of the most motivational videos 2019
(via YouTube)Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive. - Andy Grove
"All business success rests on something labeled a sale, which at least momentarily weds company and customer." - Tom Peters
Success is blocked by concentrating on it and planning for it... Success is shy - it won't come out while you're watching. - Tennessee Williams
"I think success has no rules, but you can learn a great deal from failure." - Jean Kerr
We do not celebrate people who have made success out of serious hard work. - Iain Duncan Smith
"The power of fortune is confessed only by the miserable, for the happy impute all their success to prudence or merit." - Jonathan Swift
Obedience is the mother of success and is wedded to safety. - Aeschylus
"Permanent success cannot be achieved except by incessant intellectual labour, always inspired by the ideal." - Sarah Bernhardt
"Success is full of promise till one gets it, and then it seems like a nest from which the bird has flown." - Henry Ward Beecher
"I'll tell you, there is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. I believe that success can happen at any time and at any age." - Salma Hayek
Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed pay the price and it is yours. - Orison Swett Marden
It's the price of success: people start to think you're omnipotent. - Ben Bernanke
"I think people in Botswana are pleased that my books paint a positive picture of their lives and portray the country as being very special. They've made a great success of their country, and the people are fed up with the constant reporting of only the problems and poverty of the continent. They welcome something which puts the positive side." - Alexander McCall Smith
Failure is only postponed success as long as courage 'coaches' ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory. - Herbert Kaufman
People are beginning to see that the first requisite to success in life is to be a good animal. - Herbert Spencer
"Success doesn't mean that you are healthy, success doesn't mean that you're happy, success doesn't mean that you're rested. Success really doesn't mean that you look good, or feel good, or are good." - Victoria Principal
Train Your Brain & Solve This…
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there's unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- VOICE ACTIVATED: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled hub necessary for voice control with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- CONTROL YOUR SMART LIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control all of your Philips Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you're away from home
- FULLY AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the smart lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers)
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYSTEM: Easily expand your smart lighting system with Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system. Control your hue lights by connecting the Hue Hub to your router with the included ethernet network cable. This box also includes one Philips Hue Hub, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty for the full Philips Hue experience
- CROSS-DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: HomeKit compatible iOS 9 or later. iPhone:4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPod touch: 5th generation.Network Connectivity:Wireless A,Wireless B,Wireless G,Wireless N
- Connect your Home: The brains of the Sengled system, the hub enables you to control up to 64 Sengled Smart lights and accessories with the hub. A hub is necessary to use a voice assistant, like Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy to Install: Connect the Sengled Smart Hub to your router using the included Ethernet cable and use the in-app guide to set up
- Home Automation: Easily extend your smart home system across every room by connecting Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories to the hub, then automate
- Voice control: Connect the hub to Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices and use your voice to control your Sengled Smart LEDs and accessories
- One simple app: Control all your Sengled smart devices using the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android.) Set schedules, group devices and more to control all of your home's Sengled smart products