A tarantula spider can survive for more than two years without food.
Castration was used in the Middle Ages as a "cure" for hernia epilepsy and leprosy.
There's a village in India that produces most bouncers and bodyguards of New Delhi's nightclubs.
There are almost 60 million dogs in the United States.
Starting 2015 all New York residents must recycle their old electronics like PCs and TVs or face a US$100 fine.
On average, cows poop 16 times per day!
US Dollar bills are made out of cotton and linen.
In Virginia it is illegal to hunt on a Sunday except for raccoons which can be hunted until 2 AM.
Hitler suffered chronic flatulence and took 28 different drugs to fight it.
Manhattan comes from a word in the Lenape language that means "Island of many hills".
Lake Karachay in Russia is the most radioactive and polluted lake in the world.
In 2013 North Korea's president killed his own uncle by throwing him naked into a cage with 120 starving dogs.
The first magazine ever seen was launched in 1663 in Germany.
U2 singer Bono wears sunglasses all the time because he suffers from glaucoma an eye condition.
Global warming could drive to extinction as many as 1 in 6 animal and plant species.
There is a pilgrimage site in Sri Lanka that is holy to four religions for a "sacred footprint": Hinduism Islam Buddhism and Christianity.
A Church built into a cave is the largest church in the Middle East.
Bald Eagles are so named because "balde" is an Old English word meaning "white."
The name "Cappuccino" comes from the resemblance of the drink to the clothing of the Capuchin monks.
The cost of college in the U.S. has gone up 500% since 1985.
During World War II, Americans tried to train bats to drop bombs.
A Jewish sect Neturei Karta supports Palestine and calls for a peaceful dismantling of the State of Israel.
Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
The phrase "God never gives you more than you can handle" never appears in the Bible and actually the opposite is said many times.
"Canada" is an Iroquoian language word meaning "Village."
svangerskabsforebyggende middel is a Danish word for "condom."
50% of giraffe calves do not survive their first 6 months due to predation from hyenas leopards and wild dogs.
Screeched is the longest English word with one syllable.
In ancient Greece “idiot” meant a private citizen or layman.
“I am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
In a lifetime your brain's long-term memory can hold as many as 1 quadrillion (1 million billion) separate bits of information.
There is a prison in Bolivia where inmates rent their own cells can live with their families charge tourists for tours and at one point produced almost all the cocaine in Bolivia.
Goats were the first animals to be used for milk by humans.
Apple sold 340 000 iPhones per day in 2012.
A polar bears skin is black. Its fur is actually clear but like snow it appears white.
For 214 years until 2012 it was illegal in Paris France for women to wear trousers.
Aurophobia is the fear of gold.
Women can get pregnant even 5 to 8 days after having sex.
Nero the Roman Emperor married a man one of his freedmen taking the role of the bride.
A 14th-century medieval tower rises out of Lake Reschensee in Italy. It's the only visible building of a submerged village.
- Support for 8 devices is enabled at software setup - replaces up to 8 remotes, reducing complexity and clutter in your living room
- Bright color screen shows your channel favorite icons plus commands for easy navigation
- One-touch Activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings
- Compatible with 225,000+ devices from 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow
- Simple online setup using your PC or Mac
- VIZIO 2014 version dual side Qwerty keyboard Remote Control. with back-light
- Compatibility: VIZIO 401ia3, 401i-a3, E401ia3, E401i-a3, M321i-A2, M401i-A3, M471i-A2, M501D, M501DA2, M501D-A2, M501dA2R, M501d-A2R, M501i-A2, M551dA2, M551d-A2, M551dA2R, M551d-A2R, M551DAR2, M551D-AR2, M601DA3, M601d-A3, M651dA2, M651d-A2, M651D-A2R, M701DA3, M701d-A3, M801DA3, M801d-A3 LCD TV
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app - works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more