Australia is an island surrounded by more than 8 000 smaller islands.
Polish midwife Stanislawa Leszczynska helped pregnant women in Auschwitz deliver over 3 000 babies.
Outer space begins at 100 kilometers (62 mi) above sea level.
In 1962 the CIA told South Africa the location of Nelson Mandela leading to his arrest which put him in jail for 27 years.
If you eat too many carrots you may turn orange.
100 000 000 000 solar neutrinos pass through every square inch of your body every second.
Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.
Humans can live unprotected in space for about 30 seconds if they don't hold their breath.
‘Stewardesses’ is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
Rats and horses can’t vomit.
Polar bears can smell its prey on the ice 20 miles (32 km) away.
Of all the countries that celebrate an independence day 58 are independent of the UK 26 of France 21 of Russia and 21 of Spain.
Google got its name by accident. The founders misspelled "googol" which refers to the number 1 followed by 100 zeroes.
In 2012 Elvis Presley's underwear was auctioned off but no one bought it.
If you could fold a piece of paper 50 times its thickness would exceed the distance from here to the Sun.
The death penalty was outlawed in the UK partly because a man was wrongfully executed for the murder of his wife and daughter in 1950.
The name "Argentina" comes from the Latin word for silver argentum. The original European settlers believed the country was full of silver.
John Adams 2nd president of the USA started smoking at the age of eight.
According to Genesis 1:20-22 the chicken came before the egg.
There's a theater in Russia where all the actors are cats.
Women speak about 20 000 words a day. That's 13 000 more than the average man.
A 2013 survey found 7% of Americans believe the moon landing was a hoax.
Coffee doesn't taste like it smells because saliva wipes out half of the flavor.
Cuba was caught sending Weapons to North Korea in 2013.
After the attack on Pearl Harbor during WW2 Canada declared war on Japan before the U.S. did.
Underweight models are banned in Israel to fight against anorexia.
Most married couples are happiest in their third year of marriage.
A skunk’s smell can be detected by a human a mile away.
Queen Elizabeth I regarded herself as a paragon of cleanliness. She declared that she bathed once every three months whether she needed it or not
A bear fought in the Polish Army in WW2. He carried shells to the front line and was taught to salute.
Going to church is good for you: Services lowers your blood pressure a study found.
The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves which triggers relaxation.
If New York City were its own country and the NYPD was its army it would be the 20-best-funded army in the world.
Poisoned milk killed Abraham Lincoln's mother when he was 9 years old.
More than 60% of Bolivia's citizens are indigenous predominantly Quechua and Aymara.
In 1859 24 rabbits were released in Austrailia. Within six years the population grew to 2 million.
Texas declared its independence from Mexico in 1836and became a Republic until it joined the U.S. in 1845.
Jupiter is bigger than all the other planets in our solar system combined.
Tasmania Australia has the cleanest air in the inhabited world.
A koi fish named "Hanako" lived for 225 years.
- Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Alta is sweat, rain, splash proof. You can wear Alta in the shower, but we recommend rinsing and drying it afterwards because it's best for your skin if the band stays clean and dry. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands (sold separately)
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance (when phone is nearby)